The moto hot stove is heating up quickly.

Awww, Hershey! I told you that's not it!!

But I know what the big secret change is...

After months and months of top-secret negotiations, the OMA, CRA, and Buckeye Series (BS) are agreeing to merge!

And the new entity will be called...OMACRABS

So, practice saying it like Dean Wilson with a heavy Scottish brogue, Oh My Crabs, Oh My Crabs, OH MY CRABS!

Haven't seen the new logo, but heard it will be little crabs with $20 bills in each pincer scurrying off to an awards banquet near you.

And this IS NOT fake news

HOF post -!!!

Wait ....specifically what kind of crabs are we talking here

Ok - back to the crabs -
Not sure what the words say - but I like this guys attitude.

I'm ready - Bring on the crabs
d66.jpg

Cant believe the news has not broke yet...

Big changes are a com'n

Maybe even stuff I don't know about... hahahaha. yeah right

Then spill the beans.... or it must not be that big of news? did they nominate you as the new trackside chilli cooker is that why you say its big news?

Speaking of that. Kinda upset i didnt get to try any of the infamous Knox Chilli at Chillitown.

Well damn. Are we allowed to know the reasoning behind this?
This is exactly as it occurred.

Chillitown wanted to run their Halloween race as a Buckeye/Race Ohio series event, and still run a Battle as OMA. We all know there have been issues with tracks trying to play in different sandbox's like this in the past. Running races OMA and their own races. Plus its not really fair to cherry pick the best race series event in Ohio, and not run the other event with the same org. So I suggested they choose to run their events Buckeye/Race Ohio or OMA. They chose Buckeye/Race Ohio. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

So it's play with my ball, and play by my rules. Or get your own ball?

Maybe it should have been he who owns the field, makes the rules.

Look no further than Lincoln Trail. They have several acronyms throughout the year. Seems to work fine there

So it's play with my ball, and play by my rules. Or get your own ball?.

We have a group, we’ve been lax on some things in the past, and we have let some things go, but I think things have gone far enough. How is it fair to the other OMA tracks that they get to run a battle yet not any other Oma races, and run a non OMA event at that? I know a bunch of you threw a fit about scenarios like this in the past

This is exactly as it occurred.

Chillitown wanted to run their Halloween race as a Buckeye/Race Ohio series event, and still run a Battle as OMA. We all know there have been issues with tracks trying to play in different sandbox's like this in the past. Running races OMA and their own races. Plus its not really fair to cherry pick the best race series event in Ohio, and not run the other event with the same org. So I suggested they choose to run their events Buckeye/Race Ohio or OMA. They chose Buckeye/Race Ohio. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.
Well.... Thats one perspective. I remember the days when Mr. Osborn was more concerned with the state of our sport than he was with building "his" organization. If he is so concerned with being fair to the organization then state the financials to the members. Allow the members to have a voice outside of pitracer. Give the promoters within the organization the chance to vote on what's best for changes and such. Don't preach what is fair or not when clearly you are not a man of reason.

I'm not looking for a debate or an argument so I'll leave the BS to someone else. CTMX isn't cherry picking anything. Our goal has been to bring the best events we can to the state of Ohio for the sake of the sport.

I can promise one thing though, CTMX will be top notch as always for 2018.

We have a group, we’ve been lax on some things in the past, and we have let some things go, but I think things have gone far enough. How is it fair to the other OMA tracks that they get to run a battle yet not any other Oma races, and run a non OMA event at that? I know a bunch of you threw a fit about scenarios like this in the past
How is it “fair” to the other tracks that they have no chance to ever get a battle race because as you say “it was my idea, if others want a big race then they can make their own”. So the number of events matters? So 2 your ok but 1 is a no? Seems odd that apparent rules or guild lines only apply to a few and not the group as a whole.
But what do I know? I just live in 1985 where everyone had a say in a public forum.

Damn I love the winter time. Let it snow, let it freak’n snow

Well.... Thats one perspective. I remember the days when Mr. Osborn was more concerned with the state of our sport than he was with building "his" organization. If he is so concerned with being fair to the organization then state the financials to the members. Allow the members to have a voice outside of pitracer. Give the promoters within the organization the chance to vote on what's best for changes and such. Don't preach what is fair or not when clearly you are not a man of reason.

I'm not looking for a debate or an argument so I'll leave the BS to someone else. CTMX isn't cherry picking anything. Our goal has been to bring the best events we can to the state of Ohio for the sake of the sport.

I can promise one thing though, CTMX will be top notch as always for 2018.

I just made popcorn, this is getting good!!!! Thanks for chimming in, i was waiting. Theres always 3 sides to a story...... this side, that side, and the truth!

Plus are all tracks really Battle worthy? can they really hold such a big event? do they have the track, equipment, facility, and personnel to hold Battle race to its potential and capacity?

Back