ALTA Redshift Price Drop.

And would it still be called a clutch if they did, or would it be a voltage limiter?

If they for some reason were to re-engineer the thing to have a regular gas bike style transmission with a clutch it would be a clutch

What it has now is this:

You guys are missing the point, the pros ( and every one should ) use the clutch not just to start and stop or get an extra boost of power but more so to control when the rear tire is connected to the engine. So when skimming whoops they modulate the power to the wheel, when they need to shut down the power they feather the clutch. On starts they use the clutch, not the throttle, to keep driving hard without bringing the front end too high. They use the clutch for bike CONTROL. Thats why the go through them in a moto sometimes.

You guys are missing the point, the pros ( and every one should ) use the clutch not just to start and stop or get an extra boost of power but more so to control when the rear tire is connected to the engine. So when skimming whoops they modulate the power to the wheel, when they need to shut down the power they feather the clutch. On starts they use the clutch, not the throttle, to keep driving hard without bringing the front end too high. They use the clutch for bike CONTROL. Thats why the go through them in a moto sometimes.

lmao

i must of missed the part where they marketed the alta as a replacement for every factory bike

if you can't do all of those things with the throttle instead of a clutch then it is not the bike for you apparently

lmao

i must of missed the part where they marketed the alta as a replacement for every factory bike

if you can't do all of those things with the throttle instead of a clutch then it is not the bike for you apparently

I don’t even think A lot of pros even touch the clutch.....it’s all throttle control. If they have to it’s becuase they want more power. Electric bikes are just snappy as hell and don’t fall on their face. So why do we need a clutch?

The only time you might need a clutch is in heavy loose dirt or mud (whenever the elements overwhelm the power), the rest of the time it should be like an rc car, on and off throttle.

The only time you might need a clutch is in heavy loose dirt or mud (whenever the elements overwhelm the power), the rest of the time it should be like an rc car, on and off throttle.

you are still thinking in terms of internal combustion engines which make more power as rpm increases. not electric motor full torque instantly.

i dont think the elements can ever overcome 147 ft-lbs of tq from 1 RPM on up. it's either propelling you forward or digging a hole.

but 147 ft-lbs can overcome a lot of dirtbike gearsets and clutches which is why i assume they decided to not bother adding so many failure points and wear items in something they market as being "no maintenance!!"

I don’t even think A lot of pros even touch the clutch.....it’s all throttle control. If they have to it’s becuase they want more power. Electric bikes are just snappy as hell and don’t fall on their face. So why do we need a clutch?
Some of the s**t you come up with. Pros absolutely use the clutch and more so than normal riders. Watch and listen to the on board GoPro from the supercross's and tell me they don't use their clutch.

you are still thinking in terms of internal combustion engines which make more power as rpm increases. not electric motor full torque instantly.

i dont think the elements can ever overcome 147 ft-lbs of tq from 1 RPM on up. it's either propelling you forward or digging a hole.

but 147 ft-lbs can overcome a lot of dirtbike gearsets and clutches which is why i assume they decided to not bother adding so many failure points and wear items in something they market as being "no maintenance!!"

Maybe Alex will chime in, he has more laps on one than anyone else I know.

Some of the s**t you come up with. Pros absolutely use the clutch and more so than normal riders. Watch and listen to the on board GoPro from the supercross's and tell me they don't use their clutch.

You post a video and then I’ll post one. Lol.

AMA Alex ? He buy one or get a good hookup to test them?

It's funny you mention that, I specifically noticed McElrath had 2 fingers on the clutch lever at all times last race. Really noticeble with those neon gloves. Doubt he rides like that just for the sake of it right???

Speaking of Shane did anyone here Danial Blair say Shane was gonna try the whoops in 5th gear at Glendale? Jesus H man.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Woody with engines the clutch is important yes. Can’t mash on the brakes without using it so bike don’t stall....but with electric bikes that will never happen. can lock em up anytime anywhere without the bike coming to a dead stop.

Sounds like AC is rollin it on in majority of corners here. And wfo in the air. Don’t really hear many high revs being chopped from a clutch. That’s just what I hear. But can’t see his hands. Hard to tell. I’d still say throttle control is more important especially on an electric bike that will be 100% instant power and “no bog”

I wanna see ac ride an Alta and compare.

AEEBA10F-D1A8-4383-91B7-70A986EB8CEF.png
AF04EF92-EF85-4372-A499-DE069BF46BD6.png
7C9E50C8-3509-42E9-ACBB-B07C8ACEA64E.png
281C82A4-0AFB-4DC6-A969-A4C1343ACA97.png

In fairness....He does look like he’s givin the clutch a little nip. But not anything crazy. Rear hand brake would probably have similar affect. Probably won’t be a problem for the fast guys to ride those altas without a clutch.

Where’s Gary semics when we need him to learn us some things about clutch control.....gaarrry!

Last edited:
Man I hate the sound of a 250 fart bike.
And to think that God awful racket replaced the sweetest sound at the track. A fine tuned 1-2-5
Electric bikes... ehh

drones-with-camera-yuneec-typhoon-h.jpg

I was checking these out the other day.
They have been advancing the "follow me" function.
The advertisement had two guys on MX bikes spending the afternoon exploring some great tracks.

This and the ALTA- ?

Just think of it like a polaroid and 125......

They may have a class for them someday. But I see a majority of the people wanting to race a gas powered motorcycle. Imagine being at a national and hearing NOTHING while the bikes are on the gate about to take off? Might as well go to a BMX race. To me, the sport would not be near as exiting to the casual fan.

They may have a class for them someday. But I see a majority of the people wanting to race a gas powered motorcycle. Imagine being at a national and hearing NOTHING while the bikes are on the gate about to take off? Might as well go to a BMX race. To me, the sport would not be near as exiting to the casual fan.

That horse is dead

Back