Designing my next trailer layout

jj584

PR Addict
I have a 7x14 box trailer and I’m really wanting to get away from straps. I’ll mostly be hauling just the 250 and 450f. What works and what doesn’t for the strapless systems. My mind is being drawn to the bike shoe/clamp systems, or the pit posse foot peg clamp system. Thoughts? I would’ve posted in the other thread but stuffs getting serious over there!!

Not widely known in the off-road community but Pit Bull makes the absolute best trailer restraint system on the market. It holds the bike by the rear axle and they do make MX bike mounts.
https://www.pit-bull.com/honda-moto...bikes-see-description-for-details-f0075aw-000

F0075JL-000-1000x1000.jpg

I have one of the bike shoe things (clamps the front wheel) in my trailer. I like it a lot. Easy to work with. When I take long trips (like Florida) I still put straps on it just to keep it from moving side to side as much. Hauling it locally, I don't use any straps. It will swing side to side a bit, but not much if you get a good clamp on the wheel. I've thought about putting one in my van if I could figure out a super fast in/out mount for it (I use my van for work also).

I've seen a lot of people use the turnbuckle/stand method for a long time with no problem.

I've seen a lot of people use the turnbuckle/stand method for a long time with no problem.
Does the turnbuckle stand method have to be against to front wall to prevent forward movement? I was going to mount the bikes all the way in the back. My plan is to have the bikes in the back, bench in the front, 4 corner water tanks that hold 60 gallons each plumbed to a manifold to a hose fitting underneath for washing. Racks and storage for gear. The woman bitches constantly about the gear, bikes, tools all over the garage and the mud pies in the yard after washing. So now she can bitch about the 5k I’m going to use to build this trailer. May be time for a new GF, still weighing my options for less drama and expense!

Does the turnbuckle stand method have to be against to front wall to prevent forward movement? I was going to mount the bikes all the way in the back. My plan is to have the bikes in the back, bench in the front, 4 corner water tanks that hold 60 gallons each plumbed to a manifold to a hose fitting underneath for washing. Racks and storage for gear. The woman bitches constantly about the gear, bikes, tools all over the garage and the mud pies in the yard after washing. So now she can bitch about the 5k I’m going to use to build this trailer. May be time for a new GF, still weighing my options for less drama and expense!
Lol. You can mount them anywhere. They might rock just a touch, but everyone I've seen has them in the middle of the trailer with nothing holding either wheel

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

In my experience trying to haul water is a pain in the arse. Fill those up with beer for drinking, wash the bikes when you get home. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app
This is the setup I’ve had before, one port for fill and one for drain. The stand up corner tanks work better than the square or dome ones. There’s less sloshing around. I like to wash at the track before I go home before I’m tired. Leave the mess at the track, otherwise it’s in the trailer, back of the truck or in the garage. We mostly ride Smith and Cabin, so pulling in around 8:30-9 I’m not washing bikes at that hour.

The turnbuckle method is great! Just get some heavy duty ones and you are good to go. Our bikes don't move around at all. Just every time you stop for gas on a long trip open up the trailer and maybe tighten them down a little as they can start to get loose.

Pretty sure a new younger model will be less maintenance in the beginning but eventually it will be just as dramatic at the old model. Lol

That’s dope. I got enough s**t Layin around my garage to do that today.

if you guys are hauling with vans put a piece of wood on the floor to stop the front tire and turn the bars towards the wall the bike is closest to. run a strap from the outside handle bar up and forward from the bike and another from the same bar to the floor. best mod imo. i cant imagine trying to pick a bike up onto a stand in the back of a normal height van

3JWKhuyh.jpg

Back