Designing my next trailer layout

Jack and I are In Georgia right now for the full gas sprint enduro, so can’t send any pics right now. Basically lay down some 3/4 plywood as wide as you can fit across your van or trailer
(30”x48”) mount the shoes with Carriage bolts up from the bottom. The wider the better with the plywood, and don’t mount the shoe right at the edge of the plywood. Stagger them for the handlebars to clear each other

Those risk racing deals failed on a guy who did a review on YouTube and fairly easily. I’ll try to post it.

If anyone has spent a moment riding in a trailer, you realize the ride is anything but smooth. I'll always feel better with one wheel secured to the floor. My broken Yamaha Ti footpeg experience from last year makes me very leary of movement and a metal footpeg clamp attachment. I've been using bike shoes since my original 198? ATK aluminum one. Not one problem with latched down bike shoes over the years in multiple trailers.

I have had the lock and loads for going on 5 seasons now. Been to N. Carolina, West Virginia, New York, Pennsylvania, Indiana and all around Ohio. I have one with a sloppy spring latch but they have a pin that is a back up for that. Sometimes it comes un-sprung but the pin holds it down as it should, other trips it works just fine. I made a few extra plates to go on my floor to allow for different loading patterns as my riding buddy has one of those couch things, aka a quad!! Not a single complaint or malfunction to post. Definitely is nice after a 2 hour gncc to just ride straight in, step down and she is loaded!!

After watchIng videos and reading a lot I decided to go ahead and try the risk racing for myself. Super easy, no issues and I love them!

Attachments

• 21233A96-A108-4009-A608-3E354ED221D6.jpeg
    21233A96-A108-4009-A608-3E354ED221D6.jpeg
    115.3 KB · Views: 130
24K miles in last 18 months, this year SoCal 4 bikes headed west, 6 on the return trip, Florida last week. Perfect, removable wheel chocks & straps

lh2.jpg

Back