Yamaha YZ 65 introduction

John250

PR Founding Father
So Yamaha had a formal introduction of the 2018 YZ 65 today. The bike looks awesome. I look forward to seeing it race in Daytona. This is great that Yamaha has entered this market. I bet you see as many of these on the gate at Loretta Lynn's as you do KTMs. Hopefully Yamaha comes out with a all new 50 next year.

Wonder who the couple fast 65 kids are that Yamaha already has on board?

FB_IMG_1518305518639.jpg

So Yamaha had a formal introduction of the 2018 YZ 65 today. The bike looks awesome. I look forward to seeing it race in Daytona. This is great that Yamaha has entered this market. I bet you see as many of these on the gate at Loretta Lynn's as you do KTMs. Hopefully Yamaha comes out with a all new 50 next year.

Wonder who the couple fast 65 kids are that Yamaha already has on board?

View attachment 57735
Kade johnson. Yes it has a pv

That thing is gonna be a little ripper. Will
Have that hard long Yamaha top end and with the power valve will have that jump up and go rm85 snap feel.

It’s more expensive than the YZ85....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MSRP is $4599

However....

MSRP for a 2018 KTM 65 is $4999. And I believe the Husqvarna 65 is even more than that.

Had to look it up for myself to see if the 85 was cheaper and sure enough, it is. Figure that one outo_O

Some kids are pumped about this I’m sure. I rememebwr when the ktm65 was released and it was a game changer. Pops got me one and man did it set the bar for minicyckes. Beyond the old kx60. Hopefully ktm and Yamaha get into an r and d war.

MSRP is $4599

However....

MSRP for a 2018 KTM 65 is $4999. And I believe the Husqvarna 65 is even more than that.

Had to look it up for myself to see if the 85 was cheaper and sure enough, it is. Figure that one outo_O
Well if they would update the YZ85 and put a PV and do some other updates, I am sure they can get the 85 to cost more than the 65. I hope they update the YZ85, they need to.

Well if they would update the YZ85 and put a PV and do some other updates, I am sure they can get the 85 to cost more than the 65. I hope they update the YZ85, they need to.

I think they are for next year. New engine. New body work, probably removable subframe.

Hopefully they put some effort into updating all the 2 strokes...
Isn’t that the truth . I want to get Jonathan a 250 2 stroke and would love to go Yamaha but the KTM has more HP and is lighter. I like the Yamaha suspension but the bike hasn’t changed in years. I also like the KTM air forks but will have to see how they hold up over the long haul.

Isn’t that the truth . I want to get Jonathan a 250 2 stroke and would love to go Yamaha but the KTM has more HP and is lighter. I like the Yamaha suspension but the bike hasn’t changed in years. I also like the KTM air forks but will have to see how they hold up over the long haul.

And yet the yamaha continues to beat KTM in the shootout!

Back