I take a few months off... man, you guys are boring....or gay jet ski thread

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
You guys have jumped in all over my other life in the summer at this point. So I have a 21' Supra Mariah with both a Hylon and a barefoot boom. Love to barefoot when I get the chance, funny story right after college.............

I'm playing Men's league hockey with a group of guys, two of the guys just graduated from Kent State and took jobs in the area but were not from Cleveland. After one of our first games, the one guy Pete is wearing a Ski Nautique shirt under his hockey gear and I ask - "Hey are you a water skier?"

He replies - "Well more of a barefooter really than a water skier, but yes." I'm like "cool, I barefoot too" and he says "And you might know my sister?" and I'm thinking that's a weird comment, how would I know this guys sister. And he chimes in with......

"Yeah, Jennifer Calleri, you've heard of her right?"

Jennifer Calleri was the 4 time reigning Women's World Barefoot Water Skiing Champion at the time, and she was dating the Men's World Champ at the time, Ron Scarpa. Well, we became fast friends and he brought his Barefoot Nautique here from Wisconsin and kept it at my plant for a number of years that we used to ski together. And best part of the story - I was taking my kids to Disney World for a week and he hooked me up to go barefooting with Jennifer and Ron for a day in Winterhaven FL while I was down there. To Ski with both World Champs for the day was a highlight of my skiing life.......... awesome day! So at one time I could do back deeps, but it's been a few years since I've done that, and the boat isn't getting any faster and I'm not getting any lighter so those days might be over. Somewhere, some buddies have my last back deep start on video from about 4 years ago, not sure if I could do one now or not.

Unfortunately, hockey tournaments start next weekend for me as a coach and my kid as a player, and 4 weekends in a row before we have a weekend off. I need to get out on the boat and get a barefoot run in here soon! And a jet ski day with you guys, and and and.......... I've hardly ridden my motorcycle at all this year.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
I was telling the Pape's about your sister yesterday.

Taylor got up on the wakeboard - I kinda figured she would....There's nothing that chick can't do.
Kelly got up on the wakeboard - F' yeah -

Pape popped right up and put on a clinic -
Who invited him anyway ????

k01

PR Elite
I was at Lake Milton around that time for a race, was that a Bud Little promoted race? From what I can remember it was at a little park with a small beach area?

I need to to dig out some old photos from those days...
Beach next to a bridge maybe? Just remembered I got roosted in the eye, tried wearing goggles but had trouble seeing the rest of the day. I don't remember who promoted it, there where some different promoters by then. DBL was one them? Old photos are cool! Did you roost me? Lol!

Lotts24

PR Elite
Sharc forgot to add first try. Haha.

Thanks pretty cool robin. I had a short stink of watersports fun in high school. I did barefoot but only on a boom. Always wanted to do the slalom competitions but never did.

I was honestly a little surprised the wakeboard attempt went as well as it did. It all just came back to me and it just happened. Pape and i had the same driver and he told her to slow down once we got up. I went before pape and once i got up it felt like we were flying and al i could think was this is going to hurt. Lol. Fun day. Cant wait to try again. Now i need to find some skis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Ride plates on the stand ups are a must.

I guess it would be like running stock shitty suspension and then getting some ohlins.

But you also don’t know what you’re missing if you’ve never had one. Maybe better to just stay away sharc. Or you’ll be wrapped up in another 10,000 dollar hobby in no time.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Ride plates on the stand ups are a must.

I guess it would be like running stock shitty suspension and then getting some ohlins.

But you also don’t know what you’re missing if you’ve never had one. Maybe better to just stay away sharc. Or you’ll be wrapped up in another 10,000 dollar hobby in no time.

Ha-ha funny you should say Ohlins and money.

One of the best parts of this is .....It's super cheap.
I've got two very reliable - ripping badd ass machines and a trailer for about what I'd drop on a set of Ohlins....(Husky, not included...lol)

That, plus everybody is smiling and laughing and playing - all day.
Young, old, girls & boys - nobody pouts for very long.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Plus - you WANT others to take your stuff for a rip-?
Weird - I know, It's not like that with dirt bikes.......

Could just imagine saying - sure thing, bring the whole family....go on out and pin it as hard as you can for 20 min or so....

Lotts24

PR Elite
Seriously though where did knox go. He should love this jet ski thing. Nobody is on fart bikes. The newest scoot the group has is an 04. No graphics just number stickers. No neck races. Nobody has spent 10 grand on one ski. Heck we havent spent that much on 4. Everyone can run c class and the track prep is always the bomb. We can run rain or shine and it never changes that much. We can run 4 lap motos or 20 min motos. We can start when we want and go home when we want. Havent heard one person complain about anything. Well except maybe the seaweed yesterday. It was a little yucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vet261

PR Addict
One of the best parts of this is .....It's super cheap.
I've got two very reliable - ripping badd ass machines and a trailer for about what I'd drop on a set of Ohlins....(Husky, not included...lol)

It's only cheap because you are buying vintage bikes (skis). New Superjets are the same price as a new 450.

You could make MX cheap too by riding bikes from 1992......I have about $1800 in my fully modded and pristine 1992 RM250.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
It's only cheap because you are buying vintage bikes (skis). New Superjets are the same price as a new 450.

You could make MX cheap too by riding bikes from 1992......I have about $1800 in my fully modded and pristine 1992 RM250.

Not really.

Yep, we love the vintage stuff.
New super jet not that much different than old super jet.
Can’t say that between an 92 RM and the current one.
No need to spend big money when the season is so short anyway.

Bust out that pristine 1992 and let eight to ten random people run it as hard as they can for three weekends in a row - then get back to me.

MX955

PitRacer Pro
Here's pics from last weekends watermoto adventure at a track called Mosquito Lake, super warm water but seaweed infested pits.

I think we have Pape hooked now too :D
20180812_122323.jpg
20180812_142909.jpg
20180812_122726.jpg
20180812_122455.jpg

20180812_122323.jpg
20180812_142909.jpg

Reactions: k01

MX955

PitRacer Pro
I was telling the Pape's about your sister yesterday.

Taylor got up on the wakeboard - I kinda figured she would....There's nothing that chick can't do.
Kelly got up on the wakeboard - F' yeah -

Pape popped right up and put on a clinic -
Who invited him anyway ????

I tried this wake boarding thing for the 1st time yesterday and failed miserably! I got a few tips from the others and want to try again for sure!

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
I didn't even go into my Sister and Brother in Law who show skied professionally for years. They met in the summer in Germany while my sister was skiing there for her summer college job after skiing for Sea World in Ohio for a summer. They both are very good barefooters and skiers, and my brother in law can back flip off of a ski ramp over 100FT which is longer than I ever jumped straight off a ski jump. If you remember the Amazing Race TV show, one season they had a water ski pyramid in the opening of the show behind a big cigarette type boat out in the ocean........ well, that was my sister on the top of the pyramid. She was always the top at Sea World shows too, she skied in Sea World Ohio, Texas, and Florida, and also skied in Germany and in Australia's Sydney Harbor 200th Anniversary summer show. Now she is a Moto Mom to 2 kids that were racing at Loretta Lynn's this year in the 65 class for the boy, and the girls class for her daughter. Lots of water stuff as well as Moto in my family.

Reactions: k01