I take a few months off... man, you guys are boring....or gay jet ski thread

k01

PR Elite
View attachment 59054

My Kawi 650 Limited.
I believe this was a race in Huntington WV on the Ohio River.
Must have been around 1987 or maybe 88

Was that a national at Huntington? I spent some time on a friend's racing 650 but I never was comfortable on it, motor was ok but I just couldn't get with the handling. River racing was definitely different.

k01

PR Elite
The new shaped skis make it easier than ever to ski on a slalom, but the getting out of the water isn't as easy as it used to be.
Who would have tought that just getting out of the water would become an accomplishment once more?

Last edited:

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Was that a national at Huntington? I spent some time on a friend's racing 650 but I never was comfortable on it, motor was ok but I just couldn't get with the handling. River racing was definitely different.
Yep - I think so.
It was a big deal I do recall .... with all the Stars there.

For sure - the 650 didn't handle like the 440/550's. Was a Big Boy.

Yes, for me as well...the river current added another dimension to the racing. And the stuff floating past .....

Last edited:
Reactions: k01

k01

PR Elite
Yep - I think so.
It was a big deal I do recall .... with all the Stars there.

For sure - the 650 didn't handle like the 440/550's. Was a Big Boy.

Yes, for me as well...the river current added another dimension to the racing. And the stuff floating past .....
Racing downtown Columbus I came out of the river with tar streaks up the back of both legs, at Wheeling there were real log jumps moving down the back straight and at Ravenswood I came out of the Ohio smelling like my xray processor tanks.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Thanks - we still got a few good weather weekends and a good group assembled.
And in Ohio .....once it's over - It's over -!

This thread will wilt like a weed - in due time...

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Bottoms-Up-Gay-Boat-Party-Sept-17-35.jpg

Seeing how the OP has changed the title and some posters have expressed their dissatisfaction of hijacks...

I'll put this little gem up - you know - Too keep on Topic -

Bottoms UP boys -!!!

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
papes got first dibs on my blaster but if he passes, it is for sale. its currently covered in dust and needs dug out of my barn before i get any pics or anything and officially list it.. but im picking up a stand up tomorrow and dont need them both!

Dano762

PR Addict
Bottoms-Up-Gay-Boat-Party-Sept-17-35.jpg

Seeing how the OP has changed the title and some posters have expressed their dissatisfaction of hijacks...

I'll put this little gem up - you know - Too keep on Topic -

Bottoms UP boys -!!!

I am intrigued - and no, not by the men straddling the giant phallus shaped tube:eek:.

How do you hijack a topic named "man, you guys are boring"? What does it mean to be on topic on this one? Seems like an invitation to not be boring and breathe some enthusiasm during the annual summer post lull. 22 pages of responses and 14,000 views in a little over a month means somebody is not bored with the thread. Its one of the topics I find myself reading to see what's up.

After suffering endless posts about motocross being dead, deader, or deadest, sandbaggers, Toesmac's stupidity, or Dungey's lack of will to win, this has been fun and even clever at times.

Keep up the good work.