Super Regionals 2020

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
That goes without saying ...... I totally enjoy when the kids are having fun. They're kids -!!
Often - it's the parents not watching little johnny when he takes it too far and starts showing off.
At Riverside in Iowa, the pit bike track was smack dab in the middle of the racecourse.
Kids were allowed on it sun up - till - sundown. And they were -! All day long -
Everyone could see what they were doing at all times and if they were playing nice with one another.
It was a cool way to keep the non racers entertained.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
That goes without saying ...... I totally enjoy when the kids are having fun. They're kids -!!
Often - it's the parents not watching little johnny when he takes it too far and starts showing off.
At Riverside in Iowa, the pit bike track was smack dab in the middle of the racecourse.
Kids were allowed on it sun up - till - sundown. And they were -! All day long -
Everyone could see what they were doing at all times and if they were playing nice with one another.
It was a cool way to keep the non racers entertained.
The most fun he had at the track is at TV land. The pond, the pitter track, watching the free style jumps, jumping the landing if the free style track. He has a ball there.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Vet regional you see some pit bikes. Moving at a crawl during race day. And few in the evening moving from pit to pit to b.s.

it was nice at PVR! Everyone’s chill. Relaxed. The racing still stressful for sure. But the pits are uncramped and nice.

onto wildcat. Heading down today

jj584

PR Addict
Unfortunately we’ve attended 2 youth regionals and both were out of control with pitbikes.
I didn't feel that highpoint was bad, local races are way worse. The most annoying place to be.....riders meeting at Malvern! I also think people without bikes in their vehicle need to park across the street. We were boxed in 4 cars deep.

John250

PR Founding Father
Matt Powers got 4th in moto 1 of 50+. He text me and said it was a full blown mudder.

Thought grewe and a couple other real fast guys were supposed to be there but didnt see them in the results.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
Had a good time at tomahawk, but the staff was the worst I've ever dealt with. Didn't come close to punching his ticket. 15 min plus 1 motos were awesome. Fastest group of kids he has ever raced, including at lorettas. Track was all fine mulch and sand. Ruts never developed, just braking and acceleration bumps. Shocker... There were protests and a fist fight between 50 parents lol

jrminiquad

PR Addict
Had a good time at tomahawk, but the staff was the worst I've ever dealt with. Didn't come close to punching his ticket. 15 min plus 1 motos were awesome. Fastest group of kids he has ever raced, including at lorettas. Track was all fine mulch and sand. Ruts never developed, just braking and acceleration bumps. Shocker... There were protests and a fist fight between 50 parents lol
The staff at Tomahawk is terrible.

We were there for an area qualifier last year and had to point out to an official and an AMA ref that a bike on the line in a Limited class had an aftermarket pipe and silencer. Tomahawk official said “he was aware” and AMA official said nothing. I figure they would pull him off the line, nope, let him race.

I spoke to another AMA official (there were two that day) after the race and he told me he would look into it. Nope, raced again in stock class.

Finally after my son and I both separately went to their office to complain and let them know we wouldn’t drop it, they DQ’d him.

Point is, doesn’t matter if he finished last or first, he could be involved in an incident with another rider and affect their qualifying score. Pretty sure he was a local rider there and had some kind of relationship with the track.

Most likely won’t ever go back. Facility was not all that great.

MX_Implements

PR Addict

I thought the track and Prep was top notch, but they definitely didn’t have enough flaggers or guys on 4 wheelers running around. I brought it up to the referee twice and nothing was accomplished. They certainly nickel and dimed everyone. $30 camping fee on top of gate fee and $10 fee to get your water barrel filled. The spigot had an attendant and was locked at night.
We went all over the south and Carolinas this spring and the drive to Tomahawk was the worst, by far.
My son got his ticket in Pw class with a 4-3-2 for second overall. 2 hole shots and rode his little ass off.

Attachments

• 1E04719A-F639-42FD-89EC-603A29DAA756.jpeg
    1E04719A-F639-42FD-89EC-603A29DAA756.jpeg
    319.5 KB · Views: 154