Battle race .... lets poke the bear.

hershey

PR Elite
Is it possible that track’s could come up with spectator parking? People with trailers and anything with bikes should get first open parking.
I tried to do that for Malverns battle and AQ. One guy got so pissed off because I asked them to park in an orderly fashion that he threatened to call the police on me. Most people it worked great with and I was able to squeeze a lot of people in on the other side of the road. But that guy and a few others litterally refused to park where I asked them to. People are idiots.

Bass 67

PR Member
Pretty much why I don’t care to take my son racing anymore with the idiots showing up getting drunk stealing whatever, damn near getting run over by pit riding. I shouldn’t have to lock everything up when going to the gates with the boy. Then when you say something to someone they want be jerks. Maybe spectator parking can reduce the theft of someone’s gear and stuff like that.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Hey now.. Theft - at the races ?????
That's a strong accusation.

The drunks & punk kids I'll give ya..... But theft ?

jj584

PR Addict
Hey now.. Theft - at the races ?????
That's a strong accusation.

The drunks & punk kids I'll give ya..... But theft ?
Yup, don’t leave your trailer un attended at SVR or anything out overnight. Can’t leave anything anywhere at summit indoors. Back in 2004-2009 parking at Malvern deeper than three rows back was a good place to
Lose goggles and helmets.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Summit being sketchy has been the M.O. from the get go.
SVR ..... damn, that's disappointing to hear. They're a solid club and that has to be a black eye to them.

jj584

PR Addict
SVR ..... damn, that's disappointing to hear. They're a solid club and that has to be a black eye to them.
I only know of a weekend instance for SVR. Def a solid place. We just always seem to have prior engagements when them and Western reserve are running.

oldmxrider

PR Member
Black eye, I think not, Only been an active working member for 46 years and have not heard of any problems, at the same time You can NOT control who comes through that gate ! Not all riders think the same as We do ! There are lowlife thieves always around everywhere and in this new world, We ALL live in, it just keeps getting worse ! Makes Me sick !

Last edited:

jj584

PR Addict
Black eye, I think not, Only been an active working member for 46 years and have not heard of any problems, at the same time You can NOT control who comes through that gate ! Not all riders think the same as We do ! There are lowlife thieves always around everywhere and in this new world, We ALL live in, it just keeps getting worse ! Makes Me sick !
Exactly, I believe these problems to be from spectators. A good reason for them to park elsewhere.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I've contemplated this idea many times as we move forward, and actually more for the spectators that don't know motocross, and are intimidated by the scene. They really don't know where they should park. For outsiders I can see how this would be confusing. I kind of doubt that this will cut down on thievery to be honest. Unless you fenced the pits, and had security doing a pat downs, like at an airport, I don't think your going to achieve your goal. Even then, what is security going to do, ask for a receipt to show you own a helmet?? Oh don't let spectators in the pits?? How are you going to tell grandma and grandpa they get into the pits to see johnny's first race and hang out with him. Bottom line thieves are sneaky, and most times effective at what they do. I highly doubt separate parking will stop them. Now having cameras up, and a police presence will lower the likelihood, not prevent, but make it less likely. Thieves like easy and to feel like they can get away with it. Make a little harder, and little risky and they don't send it. Dad was a officer, I remember a few tips from him over the years.

jj584

PR Addict
I've contemplated this idea many times as we move forward, and actually more for the spectators that don't know motocross, and are intimidated by the scene. They really don't know where they should park. For outsiders I can see how this would be confusing. I kind of doubt that this will cut down on thievery to be honest. Unless you fenced the pits, and had security doing a pat downs, like at an airport, I don't think your going to achieve your goal. Even then, what is security going to do, ask for a receipt to show you own a helmet?? Oh don't let spectators in the pits?? How are you going to tell grandma and grandpa they get into the pits to see johnny's first race and hang out with him. Bottom line thieves are sneaky, and most times effective at what they do. I highly doubt separate parking will stop them. Now having cameras up, and a police presence will lower the likelihood, not prevent, but make it less likely. Thieves like easy and to feel like they can get away with it. Make a little harder, and little risky and they don't send it. Dad was a officer, I remember a few tips from him over the years.
I was not saying they could not be in the pits, just not allowed to park in the pits. Some would refrain from taking something that's not theirs if they have to carry it a distance, some not all. It would also help the issue of people getting blocked in etc. and listening the announcer drone on about getting a car moved. Never going to cure all the problems but some things can be done to reduce the amount of instances. Does not apply to handicap stickered vehicles.