Battle race .... lets poke the bear.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I’m morbidly curious, beyond the event list at the brawl, how exactly is a superior promoted event? I’ve never seen an ad for it anywhere. It’s a super great event , don’t get me wrong, I just fail to see the promotions. Now I think it promotes itself much like CT does. People seek it out

DelBalso28

PR Addict
So what I’m gathering after reading over 100+ comments.

My kid says the tracks are all boring.
There are to many classes
It takes to long
Give me free stuff to come ride
Pay us for class wins
We need better parking.
Only run one track a weekend
Run all the tracks
Promoters need to do a better job
We need free tires because if a 6’ concrete start
It was better in the 80’s
The battle races suck
I want more competition
I don’t full gates of C riders
Transponders are better
We don’t want to pay for transponders
Paper result sheets are best.
Its to far away.

But this bear wrestling idea has some legs!

HAS ANYONE FOUND THE WIFI PASSWORD YET!!!!
Yeah just twist everyone’s words and reasoning for not racing select events around.
Nobody’s asking for free stuff, or free tires, but some of us do weigh out our wallets when deciding which races to attend and wonder if the juice is gonna be worth the squeeze. Sometimes a $20 practice day beats out a $400 plastic trophy.

Ps it’s not a 6’ concrete start, it goes 10’ past the gate.

tank166

PR Addict
Regionals are definitely pulling a bit from the battle series.

Ktm contingency is gone from the series, that was HUGE in years past.

PVR is goofy to have in the series. And that track could be 3x as cool without that concrete start. I won’t even race there unless it’s a regional or pro/am because I know it’s going to cost me a $100 tire. But hey MXtire is right on site for ya.

Most everywhere I’ve raced out of state pays out the vet classes. I’ve grown to really appreciate that and really lost all interest racing for nothing anymore. Would be awesome to see that come to the OMA.

The combination of that stuff is why I’m out for this year. Not really complaining, just some reasoning from my point of view.
If there was contingency or payout on the line, you can bet I’d be doing a smokey burnout on the start at Pleasure Valley come August.

Also, I am assuming the battle at Chillitown will be their Pro/Am they mentioned, that is my draw there. I’ve yet to see that confirmed though and the clock is ticking.

These little bits matter, even if I’m just one person bringing something up, it’s stuff to consider from a promoter standpoint.
I know svr and the rest of d12 pay cash to vet classes. They pay 70% of entries so if 9 guys sign up then $189 gets split between top 3.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
I’m morbidly curious, beyond the event list at the brawl, how exactly is a superior promoted event? I’ve never seen an ad for it anywhere. It’s a super great event , don’t get me wrong, I just fail to see the promotions. Now I think it promotes itself much like CT does. People seek it out

Just got this today.

Toddco327

PR Addict
So your saying if Malvern offered cash or gift cards for any class with more than 15 entries they wouldn’t pull some Buckeye people? As riders we put our money up every weekend. As track turnouts have been down, maybe the track owners should put some money up. You want kids to self advance out of C, offer the B class too 5 overall for the day a blind draw for $200.
Yea just turning words around

Toddco327

PR Addict
Not a fan of Ohio racing anymore. Northern Ohio is terrible for turnouts.

Too many classes
The day is rushed
Not very family friendly
Too many series
Too many C riders
No forced class advancement
Not enough seat time
Too many memberships
The list goes on....
Yep turned more words around.

Toddco327

PR Addict
I’ve said it in the past there are some great ideas. I agree with many of them. But you need to start small with basic ideas.

I like double points. That’s a great idea and it’s relatively easy to do.

I like the idea of a series within a series.

I like the idea of having only the tracks involved in the battle races being the only one to run that weekend. Other tracks not involved in the sanctioning bodies can do as they please obviously.

Let’s start small. We can worry about the rest once we get those things in line.

tank166

PR Addict
Alot of those ideas are good but for someone like me I'm not sure they would make a difference. The problem is too many options. The closest battle track is a 2 hour and 10 minute drive. I have 8 tracks that are a shorter drive that I can race or practice at. Pleasure valley is 4 hours away, that's 30 min further than redbud.

DelBalso28

PR Addict
I’ve said it in the past there are some great ideas. I agree with many of them. But you need to start small with basic ideas.

I like double points. That’s a great idea and it’s relatively easy to do.

I like the idea of a series within a series.

I like the idea of having only the tracks involved in the battle races being the only one to run that weekend. Other tracks not involved in the sanctioning bodies can do as they please obviously.

Let’s start small. We can worry about the rest once we get those things in line.
So since you’ve found the ideas you like we can move forward on those? Awesome.

I had my actual reasoning for why I am not attending these races this year but that must’ve been incorrect. My bad.

Carry on

MX315

PR Addict
I mean really all this ....Easy solution is Dave starts his own series and tells everyone “I told you so” By the way I haven’t seen any promotion of Dave vest yet? Everyone take notes on this ...The biggest promoter I ever met is PARMA DAVE ! It’s ingrained in my brain “Parma Dave ...PDR” Now that is promoting at its best !