2022 Battle for Ohio State Championship Series!

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Oh. And if you do keep points, go to the old F1 formula where only the top six get anything. No more winning a “championship” just because you showed up and ran 8th for every race.

stumpy823

PR Member
Anyone that really enjoys racing and there is a four race series where neither sanctioned body running against will definitely make a difference in rider totals haven’t been to BC in 5 years and Malvern I didn’t get to this year but plan on doing all 4 to support how strong Ohio MX is coming back and I hope everyone else does also because next thing you know tracks will be getting shut down and we will be riding $20,000 electric bikes that’s when I’ll be done

Toddco327

PR Addict
Ok I think I got it… it’s gonna be lot but this should make everyone happy

1st. Throw logic and reasoning out the window. We don’t need that.
Ok good

2. Double points or bust

3. 17 minute motos plus 2 laps.

4. I want VET+25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55 and I want a C class of all of those also.

5. We must start at 8am with perfect prep for each moto.

6. All motos done by 4pm at the latest.

7. 8ft trophy’s from now on. 6ft has been done before.

Roachy

PR Addict
Anyone that really enjoys racing and there is a four race series where neither sanctioned body running against will definitely make a difference in rider totals haven’t been to BC in 5 years and Malvern I didn’t get to this year but plan on doing all 4 to support how strong Ohio MX is coming back and I hope everyone else does also because next thing you know tracks will be getting shut down and we will be riding $20,000 electric bikes that’s when I’ll be done
Okay, I actually agree with Stumpy823 and for one of the very few times the guy that uses nasty acronyms. I do not know s**t about this, not a racer, but the only series I ever did there were 3 far events and I went to the one that was actually farther away because it was the best for terrain. In this case, I think this 4 race series would be a must, no matter the distance.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
I want double points at every race now …then the numbers would sky rocket and everyone will be rich ! Double points is the new crypto…I love pitracer in the winter “why don’t they post on pitracer all the race info only on Facebook” I wonder why ? Flame on !’
Let's cut the point paying in half and then double them?

Too much to read - would someone please summarize the points
I agree...how's this?

1 point + 1 point = 2 points :)

I would say easily 95% of the racers don’t give a crap about points. Only cross over will be the points for these four races. Outside of that you are not going to get dudes from the south to go north for other races and same for the north guys coming south.
Look at the total points for the year. Most of the classes only have a handful of guys that even qualify for the end of the year points in their home region. (They didn’t go to enough races)
I say do away with points and just have a big party for everyone at the end of the year. Save the money on awards and give out door prizes.
Thinking the number is more like 50% for 50 parents...lol. ;)

In this case, I think this 4 race series would be a must, no matter the distance.
I'm definitely doing so. I went to shitty PA track last year for round 4. Def going to make da Fork this next year.... ;)

RobinsonRacing

PR Addict
Well that escalated quickly!
My $.02….

So this is a Series for The “Ohio State Championship” with Co-sanctioning(Race Ohio/OMA) bodies. Yet, there will be different classes ran for 2 events(OMA) as opposed to the other 2 events(RACE OHIO)…

I race 35+ and 30+ B/C in the Buckeye Series. So when i go to Briarcliff and Malvern i will have to run 25+ and 30+. So i wont be eligible for awards at the end of the year unless i sacrifice Buckeye Series Points. Hmm…

If these two sanctions can’t coexist in this series and adopt each other’s “other classes” then what is the point of this?

This completely VOIDS any enticement for “Double Points” as well. So, if i race Chillitown and East Fork i get double points in the buckeye series? Great, was going to those races anyways. NO double points for attending Malvern or BC. See where im going….F double points unless your offering all classes(both sanctions) at ALL 4 rounds.

Want to get Full gates at all 4 rounds? Well you already have the Prestigious AMA State Championship Title on the line which is a huge grab for all of our Hookit Résumés! Haha Oh, and PROMOTE the sh*t out of it!!!!!!

In my opinion, a Series such as this should stand on its own. Make a set list of classes to be ran at all 4 rounds. 3 races to be eligible, but count all 4. Dont interwine each round with an already occuring “Series.” If you do, than all 4 rounds need to offer ALL classes.

Thats all i got…this one foot in, one foot out isn’t doing anything but causing confusion and already derailing this Ohio Express! Lets tighten it up!

RIDE ON!

Last edited:

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Yeah, if you divide the double points in to 4 equal parts, you can times that 2 times for single points or multiply by 4 for double points. Simple math really. But if you take a class not offered, you'll get twice as less of the single points for the double points total...if my math is correct.... Do we really need points? Let's race for a 1 year membership to the Jelly of the Month Club. It's the gift that keeps on giving the whole year...

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
My $.02….

So this is a Series for The “Ohio State Championship” with Co-sanctioning(Race Ohio/OMA) bodies. Yet, there will be different classes ran for 2 events(OMA) as opposed to the other 2 events(RACE OHIO)…

I race 35+ and 30+ B/C in the Buckeye Series. So when i go to Briarcliff and Malvern i will have to run 25+ and 30+. So i wont be eligible for awards at the end of the year unless i sacrifice Buckeye Series Points. Hmm…

If these two sanctions can’t coexist in this series and adopt each other’s “other classes” then what is the point of this?

This completely VOIDS any enticement for “Double Points” as well. So, if i race Chillitown and East Fork i get double points in the buckeye series? Great, was going to those races anyways. NO double points for attending Malvern or BC. See where im going….F double points unless your offering all classes(both sanctions) at ALL 4 rounds.

Want to get Full gates at all 4 rounds? Well you already have the Prestigious AMA State Championship Title on the line which is a huge grab for all of our Hookit Résumés! Haha Oh, and PROMOTE the sh*t out of it!!!!!!

In my opinion, a Series such as this should stand on its own. Make a set list of classes to be ran at all 4 rounds. 3 races to be eligible, but count all 4. Dont interwine each round with an already occuring “Series.” If you do, than all 4 rounds need to offer ALL classes.

Thats all i got…this one foot in, one foot out isn’t doing anything but causing confusion and already derailing this Ohio Express! Lets tighten it up!

RIDE ON!
This. This is what I was driving at through various ramblings. Sorta

John250

PR Founding Father
Can we just finally get umbrella girls for the Vet classes like moto GP? Come on JO, that would bring the Vets in.....where are your Hard Candy connections.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Can we just finally get umbrella girls for the Vet classes like moto GP? Come on JO, that would bring the Vets in.....where are your Hard Candy connections.
264379805_4782662835182114_5582232494713070783_n.jpg

Lets just shoot for the Monster Energy staff then!

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I think what is being suggested is that both OMA and Buckeye pay double points for the battle rounds.
I understand BC saying they are technically paying double points since they are paying for both sanctioning bodies.
But if they offered “double per district” points it might entice a few more riders to make the drive and cross over into the other districts. Another 10-15 riders is another 10-15 riders

I don’t think it would cost any more money but I could be 100% wrong.

I think it’s a valid and reasonable suggestion.
But I am only an outsider looking in. Might be more at play than I know. This is just my opinion. I am not attacking anyone or giving a smart ass response. Just expressing a non bias view. Hell I don’t even race! But I like dirt bikes.

i mean you don’t even have to do double points. Just guarantee full gate point structure for every class regardless of entries

I can’t remember if certain amount of riders equates to more points or not.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
We will contract hard candy girls just for you.

what if you offered 1 free class entry to your next regular scheduled BUCKEYE race if you run the malvern race. And vice versa. 1 free race entry for any other oma race outside of the battle rounds…..

Let’s be honest here. You can’t force people to race. And it’s incredibly hard to incentivize them to race where and how you want them to…

John250

PR Founding Father
We will contract hard candy girls just for you.

what if you offered 1 free class entry to your next regular scheduled BUCKEYE race if you run the malvern race. And vice versa. 1 free race entry for any other oma race outside of the battle rounds…..

Let’s be honest here. You can’t force people to race. And it’s incredibly hard to incentivize them to race where and how you want them to…
Anything.........Marketing 101

663dad

PR Addict
My $.02….

RIDE ON!
I agree, I would personally like to see the classes to be inline with AMA classes across the board, since it is an AMA state championship. Just my thought