2022 Battle for Ohio State Championship Series!

hershey

PR Elite
Don't you worry buddy, Malvern's battle is the week after my national and the week before my regional, no practice at my place for Malvern's Battle.
What About Scott's 2 weekends ? After all, he has pledged not to do that to you or Bobby, you're not going to return the favor ?

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
What About Scott's 2 weekends ? After all, he has pledged not to do that to you or Bobby, you're not going to return the favor ?
He has? Publicly? Like I've said before, run practice, I would not blame him if he did. If he doesn't Grears will, Huffman, Beans, 62, OIR.......and on and on. If Im not mistaken he ran practice at EF this year during both of the other Ohio battles......you really believe you can force people to race don't you?? You are pretty special.

hershey

PR Elite
He has? Publicly? Like I've said before, run practice, I would not blame him if he did. If he doesn't Grears will, Huffman, Beans, 62, OIR.......and on and on. If Im not mistaken he ran practice at EF this year during both of the other Ohio battles......you really believe you can force people to race don't you?? You are pretty special.
Screenshot_20211220-164042_Chrome.jpg

I stand corrected, it was said here races.

And no, I'm not saying to force anyone to do anything. What I'm saying is as the "leader" you lead by example. If you take 1 racer away from a battle race that isn't yours, you are still taking $100 out of the other track owners pocket. As a leader that isn't right. But we all know you don't care about anybody else because it's money in your pocket. You aren't a leader in that respect.

If you don't lead the OMA with respect for the other tracks, why would they have any respect or unity with the OMA? They dont.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
View attachment 74231

I stand corrected, it was said here races.

And no, I'm not saying to force anyone to do anything. What I'm saying is as the "leader" you lead by example. If you take 1 racer away from a battle race that isn't yours, you are still taking $100 out of the other track owners pocket. As a leader that isn't right. But we all know you don't care about anybody else because it's money in your pocket. You aren't a leader in that respect.

If you don't lead the OMA with respect for the other tracks, why would they have any respect or unity with the OMA? They dont.
If I take a rider away. They were not going there anyway, I’m just more convenient for them than their next option. Apples and oranges, racers and practicers.

I will say this me running a practice on EF and Malvern battle weekends is unlikely. Probably not CT either since we will just be coming back from LL.

no guarantees but it seems very unlikely.

so now go work on the leadership lessons for buckeye, scoot along there

ck1racerx

PR Addict
I think i speak for the rest of the world. Would you two stop talking about practice vs races on the same weekend. NO ONE cares. If you want to race, you will find a race. If you want to play ride, you will find somewhere else to go. The guy that lives 10 miles from the Vern and just wants to turn a few laps is NOT going to drive to the Fork to race. Same with dudes in the south going north. Now if the two tracks are 40 - 50 miles apart, then i can see it. Other then that, no point. Like J.O. said, there are lots of other options for practice.
That's not leadership, that common sense.

Now, can we PLEASE get back to neck braces?

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I think i speak for the rest of the world. Would you two stop talking about practice vs races on the same weekend. NO ONE cares. If you want to race, you will find a race. If you want to play ride, you will find somewhere else to go. The guy that lives 10 miles from the Vern and just wants to turn a few laps is NOT going to drive to the Fork to race. Same with dudes in the south going north. Now if the two tracks are 40 - 50 miles apart, then i can see it. Other then that, no point. Like J.O. said, there are lots of other options for practice.
That's not leadership, that common sense.

Now, can we PLEASE get back to neck braces?
No that is wrong. Double points will do it. You'll see.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Well then, when I get off my fat arse and open a track I am giving quadruplelyteen points at ever race. Plus bonus points if you have a hot mom/girlfriend/wife.
And a DQ certificate! Sprinkles are for winners. Ok, I'm adding DQ certificates for the winners at my Vet Regional. Done.

John250

PR Founding Father
No that is wrong. Double points will do it. You'll see.
You obviously do not get it!! Have you been to a couple Buckeye Series races? Looked at the results? Seen how many 50, 65, 85s and other riders are hitting every race and collecting points? They are racing for points. You know how many of these riders went to Malvern, PVR or BC? Probably less than 10! They will be at CTMX and EF. If Malvern and BC pay double points, that count towards overall awards in the Buckeye Series, these people are traveling to these races! They are not going to lose that many points to someone else. Why is this concept so hard to believe? Because the OMA is getting 10 in those classes and the buckeye series has 30 at every race?

Tell me again, how double points will not motivate these people to race Malvern and BC? How the 3 people every rider brings in with them does not add to Bobby or your revenue?

What are you not grasping with this? You agree to do it, and now your still bashing the idea.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Johnny. Its not a bad idea. But its not going to accomplish anything....
I take that back. It is a bad idea. By doubling the points just in those 4 races (two of which are another series) you are effectively giving a big middle finger to the rest of the tracks in your series by saying "my event is more important for the year then all of yours."
And i think you are putting all you eggs in one basket when it comes to turnout. For 50 years tracks in the south get more riders then the north. Why? because there are more racers and tracks in the south. Think D11 vs. D12. It was the same story.

My OPINION, not that anyone cares. The Ohio state championship should be 1 race. Not a series. Both organizations already have a stand alone series.
And that ONE race should alternate north to south each year. Put all the AMA sanctioned tracks in a hat each year and pull one name. Yet another issue i have with the AMA. How could they possibly let one person or small group of people "own" the AMA state championship? Same crap as MX Sports with Loretta's. But at least that location only have one race a year.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
You obviously do not get it!! Have you been to a couple Buckeye Series races? Looked at the results? Seen how many 50, 65, 85s and other riders are hitting every race and collecting points? They are racing for points. You know how many of these riders went to Malvern, PVR or BC? Probably less than 10! They will be at CTMX and EF. If Malvern and BC pay double points, that count towards overall awards in the Buckeye Series, these people are traveling to these races! They are not going to lose that many points to someone else. Why is this concept so hard to believe? Because the OMA is getting 10 in those classes and the buckeye series has 30 at every race?

Tell me again, how double points will not motivate these people to race Malvern and BC? How the 3 people every rider brings in with them does not add to Bobby or your revenue?

What are you not grasping with this? You agree to do it, and now your still bashing the idea.
Not that Im buying into this whole double points thing. but a popular argument seems to be that without buckeye points at malvern and briarcliff that the southern riders still wont travel, or they will just hit briarcliff. So unless we can offer double buckeye points at Malvern and Briarcliff, then it wont work.....giggling as i type this too. Hey you asked how it wont work! I'm just reporting the things I hear.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I take that back. It is a bad idea. By doubling the points just in those 4 races (two of which are another series) you are effectively giving a big middle finger to the rest of the tracks in your series by saying "my event is more important for the year then all of yours."
And i think you are putting all you eggs in one basket when it comes to turnout. For 50 years tracks in the south get more riders then the north. Why? because there are more racers and tracks in the south. Think D11 vs. D12. It was the same story.

My OPINION, not that anyone cares. The Ohio state championship should be 1 race. Not a series. Both organizations already have a stand alone series.
And that ONE race should alternate north to south each year. Put all the AMA sanctioned tracks in a hat each year and pull one name. Yet another issue i have with the AMA. How could they possibly let one person or small group of people "own" the AMA state championship? Same crap as MX Sports with Loretta's. But at least that location only have one race a year.
I had very strongly thoughts about changing this back to 1 race. A lot. I was very close. I will wait and do that once its completely run its course though. This newest idea has seemed to breathe some life into it though.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
I think some on here are so worried about making a point that they forget the point they we trying to make when they are typing to make the point they were making. Practice, Race, Points... Can I get 1/2 points for practice?

hershey

PR Elite

Uh....the battle races ARE more important than the rest of the series, it's a state championship.

I agree with John, the double points will bring the crowd north now that they finally get points for their series that they didn't before. By making it double points, the serious racers will chase that.

You surprise my Knox, your entire history on here has been saying racing and racers from Ohio sucks. They don't attend LL in any good numbers any more, doesn't a healthy battle series with huge gates help attract and train racers for your goal of improving that issue?

JO....you litterally contradicted yourself. If you take one racer....you've taken one racer. Unbelievable to some of you, there are a lot of people that both practice AND race. I know it's a difficult concept but try hard. We fall in that group, I would never in a million years drive 3 or 4 hours to a track to race if it wasn't worth it instead of driving 1 or 2 for a good practice track. Why is it all black or white with you?

I'm glad you decided to try this, I'm willing to bet big money that both your dismal turnout and Malverns turnout will be larger than last year now at the battle races. I hope so for everyone involved, it means our sport will continue to be there for years to come.

Meister

PR Founding Father
It would be awesome if every track owner in Ohio could suck it up and make the only thing open in Ohio on those weekends were in fact the state championship races. Make some calls, and in exchange for a weekend off, the series could drum up a campaign to make Ohio moto great again and help each other advertise any other open days at other tracks, even if you're open. Dreamy, I know, but that's how you DRIVE (not force, that's an ugly word) racers to race.

On the other hand, Battles too close to regional. Not looking good for me for the Ohio State championship series. Lol

I am glad that they're all in Ohio atleast.

Knox, get off your ass and start riding again. 48 years ago when you were pro, it was allllll different. Lol