2022 Battle for Ohio State Championship Series!

John250

PR Founding Father
So let me get this right. You not going to the Ohio state championship because it does not pay local points?
So I guess I need to ask the company next door to pay me a salary also because I work in the same city.
You guys have lost your damn minds on this points crap. Just let it go

It's about trying to get the guys in the south who would go to Shitty City if it were in the series, but skip an awesome prepped track like Malvern. These guys in the south refuse to support the battle series.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Free dilly bar with every entry and double points.

I am concerned though, will there be a significant decrease in attendance and revenue because of the absence of moms noodles ?

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Free dilly bar with every entry and double points.

I am concerned though, will there be a significant decrease in attendance and revenue because of the absence of moms noodles ?
Most don’t know about those nowadays. I seriously doubt it. Keg of beer will replace that thought

DC817

PR Addict
Just saw Buckeye Series schedule… No Malvern or BC on there. Also no conflicting races with Malvern or BC round. Why not just put them on the Buckeye Series schedule to get some of those riders to come north?

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I requested that we pay double buckeye points at Malvern and BC, Scott didnt think it was something he wanted to try this season. Maybe next time. It would truly even it out, but it would add work on his end, so I get it.

John250

PR Founding Father
I requested that we pay double buckeye points at Malvern and BC, Scott didnt think it was something he wanted to try this season. Maybe next time. It would truly even it out, but it would add work on his end, so I get it.
Yep. So now it will be the same old, same old. About 10 of us that race the buckeye series will go to BC and Malvern. Maybe 10.

hershey

PR Elite
Thank you for your effort at trying to get those riders north. Since he isn't cooperating, it makes the entire reason for double points worthless.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Double points is happening!! It’s on the 22 schedule and I’m standing in the print shop. So……careful what you wish for……
So many will rejoice and praise the lord...well, at least the 10 John's thinking of and Hershey....

ck1racerx

PR Addict
I think you missed my post above. It worthless now. Thanks Scott Plessinger
I will bite. again
Tell me how double points is going to draw more people? And put in in your own terms.
So if you get double point at East fork for the State champ race, are you then going to come to all the other races at East fork for the rest of the year? Even if that means that race falls on the same day another track in your backyard is racing?
The draw to the state champ races are just that, those four events. And if you are going for that series it is pretty much given you are going for all four. I believe both groups have agreed to not race against the other on those dates, So if you want points at all, you have to go to that one event.
Did i miss something?

hershey

PR Elite
I will bite. again
Tell me how double points is going to draw more people? And put in in your own terms.
So if you get double point at East fork for the State champ race, are you then going to come to all the other races at East fork for the rest of the year? Even if that means that race falls on the same day another track in your backyard is racing?
The draw to the state champ races are just that, those four events. And if you are going for that series it is pretty much given you are going for all four. I believe both groups have agreed to not race against the other on those dates, So if you want points at all, you have to go to that one event.
Did i miss something?
Yes you missed something.

The point was only to draw racers from each sanctioning body to the others. Here is how it works.

Johnny do good races all of Scott's series races. He wants to win his class. As is, he gets zero points for coming to Malvern for the battle of ohio race. He doesn't care about the battle for ohio race and doesmt want to drive 3 hours for it because he isn't trying to win a state championship plate.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that as an OMA member I get OMA points for all the battle rounds and the Race Ohio guys get zero points running thr 2 north rounds even though Scott gets the benefit of the series as money in his pocket...but that another discussion.

So in the scenario John 259 asked for and some people agree with, Scott would ( as he should be required to do ) pay race ohio points for the 2 north rounds. You make them double points because it will entice racers who already race to drive 3 hours to a track in order to not let another racer in their class gain 2 races worth of points on them or so that they can get 2 races worth of points.

It's not about drawing new racers to the track or sport, it's about getting riders from each sanctioning body to travel to the other sanctioning body tracks and get full gates. And isn't that what you always say we need in ohio to get more ohio riders to LL?

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Yes you missed something.

The point was only to draw racers from each sanctioning body to the others. Here is how it works.

Johnny do good races all of Scott's series races. He wants to win his class. As is, he gets zero points for coming to Malvern for the battle of ohio race. He doesn't care about the battle for ohio race and doesmt want to drive 3 hours for it because he isn't trying to win a state championship plate.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that as an OMA member I get OMA points for all the battle rounds and the Race Ohio guys get zero points running thr 2 north rounds even though Scott gets the benefit of the series as money in his pocket...but that another discussion.

So in the scenario John 259 asked for and some people agree with, Scott would ( as he should be required to do ) pay race ohio points for the 2 north rounds. You make them double points because it will entice racers who already race to drive 3 hours to a track in order to not let another racer in their class gain 2 races worth of points on them or so that they can get 2 races worth of points.

It's not about drawing new racers to the track or sport, it's about getting riders from each sanctioning body to travel to the other sanctioning body tracks and get full gates. And isn't that what you always say we need in ohio to get more ohio riders to LL?
Alright, I'm trying to work with you here.... BUT, how many people are we talking here? If Johnny Do Good is already racing all the south series, wouldn't you then assume it is probably important enough for him to race the two north rounds as well? If a local series is important one would think the state series is just as, if not more important. No?
Now, look at it from the stand point if you are the owner of another track. Pick one... For the sake of the conversation lets say YOU are COCR. By paying double points to Malvern, Scott would then be looked at by you, the owner of COCR, as being more worried about Malvern and giving them more "value" then you. And they are not even in your series. Now how do you feel?
I honesly think your getting your panties in a bunch over nothing. The amount of riders that would skip a state champ race because of local points has to be tiny. Again, if no other points are being earned at another track, you dont have anything to worry about, may as well go race. You know, because you love riding your dirt bike.

hershey

PR Elite
Alright, I'm trying to work with you here.... BUT, how many people are we talking here? If Johnny Do Good is already racing all the south series, wouldn't you then assume it is probably important enough for him to race the two north rounds as well? If a local series is important one would think the state series is just as, if not more important. No?
Now, look at it from the stand point if you are the owner of another track. Pick one... For the sake of the conversation lets say YOU are COCR. By paying double points to Malvern, Scott would then be looked at by you, the owner of COCR, as being more worried about Malvern and giving them more "value" then you. And they are not even in your series. Now how do you feel?
I honesly think your getting your panties in a bunch over nothing. The amount of riders that would skip a state champ race because of local points has to be tiny. Again, if no other points are being earned at another track, you dont have anything to worry about, may as well go race. You know, because you love riding your dirt bike.
I know at least 10 south riders that don't come north because of points. For a track owner, thats over 1000 in revenue.