2022 Battle for Ohio State Championship Series!

ck1racerx

PR Addict
You surprise my Knox, your entire history on here has been saying racing and racers from Ohio sucks. They don't attend LL in any good numbers any more, doesn't a healthy battle series with huge gates help attract and train racers for your goal of improving that issue?
Nope, Ohio racers suck because they run 4 laps on perfectly manicured tracks. Heck, anyone can do that. When you get to a regional the track gets rough. Make it to LL and the holes are the size of Ohio jumps. Then you have to make it 20 min. And God forbid they throw some water in a rut... OMG its so unfair. What a terrible, irresponsible thing for a promoter to do!

Sure, riding big gates are great... for the dudes in midpack and the back, and of course the promoter. Fast dudes are still up front riding alone.
There is a reason why Ohio created so many pro riders in the 80's and 90's It was learning to go fast for at least 6 or 7 laps on rough, dusty, blue groove cow paths.
You may not like that, or it may hurt your feelings. But thems the facts.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Knox, get off your ass and start riding again. 48 years ago when you were pro, it was allllll different. Lol
I wish I could, but I have a hard enough time walking. I get winded just typing this stuff.
Hey, all the fast guys have old, in shape, ex pro's as riding coaches. I guess an old, fat, field filler, pro can be a riding coach for the slow dudes.

Your welcome.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
62354715.jpg

stumpy823

PR Member
It doesn’t matter what state you race in they all are doing 4-5 lap races because of how many classes it’s not 1988 where we had 12 classes and those tracks wasn’t rough the suspension just sucked I’ve been to a few tracks the past few years with some ex pros that even talk about how rough some tracks are just in a 4 lap race everything has changed bikes tear tracks up. I glad these promoters are trying something to get even bigger turn outs thumbs up to all of them and look forward to racing different people

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Stump. Right and wrong. Yes the main problem is we now have 4700 classes so little Jimmy can get a participation trophy. That is why we only get 4 laps.
Wrong in the tracks were not rough. “As rough as they are now” is not a fair comparison. Square edge hard holes on an ‘88 500 is much worse the loamy braking bumps on an A kit 450.

John250

PR Founding Father
Nope, Ohio racers suck because they run 4 laps on perfectly manicured tracks.

Sure, riding big gates are great... for the dudes in midpack and the back, and of course the promoter. Fast dudes are still up front riding alone.

You have obviously not been to many races lately in Ohio. 400+ entries. Tracks rougher than s**t, rutted, breaking and acceleration bumps. Tracks are rough.

Went to the Mini O's this year. Watched a whole lot of motos, and guess what? Even at that level race, the fast guys are out front riding alone, and then from 5th to 35th, they are battling for every spot and the lap times from 5th to 35th are all pretty damn close in the B classes. So whether it is the local level or national level, fast guys ride out front alone.

Oh, and the 4 lap moto thing, that is every where. Every state. But riding longer motos does not mean you can not be ready for Loretta type motos. Matthew rides 25 minute motos at East Fork on practice days anymore. He really does not go there to ride around. He goes out warms up, comes back and rest. Then he goes out and puts in laps for 25 minutes. Does that twice, then sometimes a couple more laps and loads up and comes home. But I think what has helped him is the time he puts in on a bicycle working in his cardio. 450 B did 11 laps at the Mini Os. 20 plus minutes. His lap times stayed pretty consistent from 1 to 11. I am telling you, that is the spinning on the bike, once again for a very specific time, and sprints at the last few minutes.

John250

PR Founding Father
Time spent off the bike is often more important than time spent on the bike
Funny, last year this time, Matthew was bulked up for Varsity basketball. I kept saying he was getting too bulky for motocross. Once basketball was over matthew started on the bike, really concentrating on riding motos, not riding, and his body has changed 100%. He is for sure a Mike Bell or Benny Blose type kid, but he has really thinned out and leaned out. I bet he has dropped 15lbs.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Time spent off the bike is often more important than time spent on the bike
Depends on who you are Sharcy...these days, for me, mucho seat time would do nothing, but good. Not saying time in the gym wouldn't help, but given X amount of time, seat time would serve me better me feels...physically and emotionally. Well, until I hurt myself and I was back to square 1...lol

hershey

PR Elite
So, word on the street is Scott won't be paying Buckeye series points for OMA rounds???

What is the point of having the double points he said he would ? There is still zero incentive for his riders to come north.

WTF?

John250

PR Founding Father
So, word on the street is Scott won't be paying Buckeye series points for OMA rounds???

What is the point of having the double points he said he would ? There is still zero incentive for his riders to come north.

WTF?
Yep. Zero need for double points if OMA and Race Ohio do not pay points for all 4 of these tracks. And vise versa, no reason what so ever for OMA riders to come south. Guess it will be like last year. Only 1 or 2 B riders will be at all 4 races.

hershey

PR Elite
Yep. Zero need for double points if OMA and Race Ohio do not pay points for all 4 of these tracks. And vise versa, no reason what so ever for OMA riders to come south. Guess it will be like last year. Only 1 or 2 B riders will be at all 4 races.
The OMA is paying double points for all 4 rounds. JO took care of that. But only for OMA riders, the Buckeye riders need Scott to get on board.

Without him, you're right. Buckeye riders won't show.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
So let me get this right. You not going to the Ohio state championship because it does not pay local points?
So I guess I need to ask the company next door to pay me a salary also because I work in the same city.
You guys have lost your damn minds on this points crap. Just let it go