2022 Battle for Ohio State Championship Series!

jrminiquad

PR Addict
Hope transponders are used at every Battle race.
In my eyes, an event isn't "important" if the event doesn't have them.
Transponders are pretty slick, and we have our own. With that being said, EScore screws it up every year in some way, and makes it more about being a money grab rather than a convenience to racers.

Go back and read the many threads over the last few years on what a s**t show EScore turns it in to.

John250

PR Founding Father
Transponders are pretty slick, and we have our own. With that being said, EScore screws it up every year in some way, and makes it more about being a money grab rather than a convenience to racers.

Go back and read the many threads over the last few years on what a s**t show EScore turns it in to.

Just buy them and the subscription. People bitch about the cost of transponders, yet seem to drop unlimited funds on gear and bikes. Make it a cost of racing.

hershey

PR Elite

I've never once had an issue with escore scoring.

jrminiquad

PR Addict
I've never once had an issue with escore scoring.
We have never had an issue with actual scoring, or the transponder being registered to whom its supposed to be (although many did as recently as the Chillitown Battle race). I am talking about them not bringing enough transponders to races, standing in line for 30-45 minutes to RETURN a transponder, raising the price at larger races for the exact same service, not printing your lap times if you own your own transponder.

There are a few different EScore groups that come to the races and some are better than others. All-in-all, the OMA has proved the last couple of years that they are not needed, thus saving racers a few bucks. As I said, we have our own equipment so it's not much of an issue for us. The dealings I've had with them is a fail.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
We have never had an issue with actual scoring, or the transponder being registered to whom its supposed to be (although many did as recently as the Chillitown Battle race). I am talking about them not bringing enough transponders to races, standing in line for 30-45 minutes to RETURN a transponder, raising the price at larger races for the exact same service, not printing your lap times if you own your own transponder.

There are a few different EScore groups that come to the races and some are better than others. All-in-all, the OMA has proved the last couple of years that they are not needed, thus saving racers a few bucks. As I said, we have our own equipment so it's not much of an issue for us. The dealings I've had with them is a fail.
I have used them for myself and Kinsey every season since 2018. Only issue was a transponder died out last year at LL, but we had 2 so, we just switched the other to her name. My opinion is we pay the yearly subscription, its just like buying a can of fuel. I find it much easier to just get one, do the subscription online, and have it charged up and ready to go. No standing in line, worrying about if they brought enough. No forgetting to return it. As far as issues with them personally, I don't think we've had one scoring issue with Kinsey in the 4 seasons. The bigger issues with transponders from a track owner perspective is having internet capabilities at the track, and people having them on the bikes in staging, or having them charged too. But when they have them and the system is up, and they are charged, the transponders work well.

Last edited:

John250

PR Founding Father
I am in the transponder camp. Make everyone go to it. Cost of racing. I am sure MyLaps would probably even add a promo code if a whole series was going to require riders to have them. Escore and my laps are different services. So Escore is not going to print off your laps if you did not rent from them. But you have access to them live tine on your phone anyway, so not an issue.

I am telling you, transponders are one the cheaper things in the big picture of racing. I laugh when people complain about the price. Sure they are making money renting. It is a business with expenses, employees, etc. Just buy one

Scoob

PR Founding Father
You and scoob should be in the hokey pokey class…….I don’t think you got him covered
If I can mange to not hurt myself before we get to them, I'm in...I think...lol.
Yeah but I paid my dues chasing series and points for a long time. Scoob has been hokey pokey king since the early 00's!!! LOL.
Glad I can be remembered for something other than "the shot or not" discussions...lol. I did humor myself with the Hokey Pokey ones. The other not so much...

Hokey Pokey was mostly on just Vet Fest stuff. Locally I have been not existent in most recent years for somewhat obvious reasons. Spencer got me back at the track last year and if not for how crazy busy I felt I was, it would've been harder in not riding myself on the track. Bike is running now. Need a few more minor things and I'll be at the track with it for sure...although after riding the BW 80 all season, the KX did feel much taller and faster than I remember... ;) Oh, and I do have Red Bud Vet fest on my 2022 calendar...lol. Although I will say right now is very unlikely due to a conflict...
I am in the transponder camp. Make everyone go to it. Cost of racing. I am sure MyLaps would probably even add a promo code if a whole series was going to require riders to have them. Escore and my laps are different services. So Escore is not going to print off your laps if you did not rent from them. But you have access to them live tine on your phone anyway, so not an issue.

I am telling you, transponders are one the cheaper things in the big picture of racing. I laugh when people complain about the price. Sure they are making money renting. It is a business with expenses, employees, etc. Just buy one
New transponder with every new bike purchase!...uh, I'd still have a problem though... I'm down with them though. Is somewhat disappointing racing without them. Once I throw a leg over again, I will be looking to purchase them. Just not enough events with them that made me thing I had to have one. Once I can see myself at the track consistently, which we are very close, Spencer and I will have one....

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
If I can mange to not hurt myself before we get to them, I'm in...I think...lol.

Glad I can be remembered for something other than "the shot or not" discussions...lol. I did humor myself with the Hokey Pokey ones. The other not so much...

Hokey Pokey was mostly on just Vet Fest stuff. Locally I have been not existent in most recent years for somewhat obvious reasons. Spencer got me back at the track last year and if not for how crazy busy I felt I was, it would've been harder in not riding myself on the track. Bike is running now. Need a few more minor things and I'll be at the track with it for sure...although after riding the BW 80 all season, the KX did feel much taller and faster than I remember... ;) Oh, and I do have Red Bud Vet fest on my 2022 calendar...lol. Although I will say right now is very unlikely due to a conflict...

New transponder with every new bike purchase!...uh, I'd still have a problem though... I'm down with them though. Is somewhat disappointing racing without them. Once I throw a leg over again, I will be looking to purchase them. Just not enough events with them that made me thing I had to have one. Once I can see myself at the track consistently, which we are very close, Spencer and I will have one....
Sounds to me like the buckeye series might be going to transponders next year all year

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Sounds to me like the buckeye series might be going to transponders next year all year
When you say "next year"...??? 22 or 23... Assuming you mean 22 since the "next" MX season hasn't started yet, but just making sure....

Yeah, I need to buy a couple transponders....