Dungey coming back

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Most exciting moment in Dungey's fans lives! Even non fans...lol

I thought that was great, still wasn't pulling for him to beat Tomac or Chase, but NEVER wanted to see his bike quit. Thought it was funny that they mentioned the 2 moto thing during the broadcast after we talked about it last week. :)

They must have been running Nitrous and the cylinder or head couldn't handle it for the entire moto. Was bummed for him for sure. He definitely made a climb back in moto 2.

Way to make moto exciting Dunge... Maybe next time... ???

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Dungey is running right around the top 5 in the series and trying to talk KTM into letting him ride the series again next year and really train for it. They are bringing over a GP guy to run the series next season as probably KTM's #1 rider on the team next year, and still have AP under contract, Webb will probably due SX only, and Herlings is going back to the GP's full time next season, and I don't think Carioli will do it full time next year from his retirement seat......... so there might be room for Dungey to give it a go in MX next year. He is thinking about it........ would require a move to FLA for the winter and training all of that time and uprooting the whole family for this, but since he has been sticking with it this year, I think he will give it one more go next year. I think he wants to podium at least once this year and get those juices flowing to give him a taste of the spotlight to really light a fire under him.

And think he will overcome Craig by the end of this season and finish in the top 5 overall for the series. That will give him just enough push to come back for 1 more year.

hershey

PR Elite
Dungey is running right around the top 5 in the series and trying to talk KTM into letting him ride the series again next year and really train for it. They are bringing over a GP guy to run the series next season as probably KTM's #1 rider on the team next year, and still have AP under contract, Webb will probably due SX only, and Herlings is going back to the GP's full time next season, and I don't think Carioli will do it full time next year from his retirement seat......... so there might be room for Dungey to give it a go in MX next year. He is thinking about it........ would require a move to FLA for the winter and training all of that time and uprooting the whole family for this, but since he has been sticking with it this year, I think he will give it one more go next year. I think he wants to podium at least once this year and get those juices flowing to give him a taste of the spotlight to really light a fire under him.

And think he will overcome Craig by the end of this season and finish in the top 5 overall for the series. That will give him just enough push to come back for 1 more year.
Meh

Scoob

PR Founding Father
the most exciting thing I've seen from dung is when he crashed & don't really care that he's back!! I
Eh...I have to admit I had an inkling of excitement when he was running up front with Tomac and Chase, but ended soon there after through no fault of his own...??? I didn't actually think he would stay up there the entire race and would fade, but I did want to see how long he might stick around. So ironic the bike broke... Most excitement I've encountered from Dungey racing in recent memory...lol.

Toddco327

PR Addict
Eh...I have to admit I had an inkling of excitement when he was running up front with Tomac and Chase, but ended soon there after through no fault of his own...??? I didn't actually think he would stay up there the entire race and would fade, but I did want to see how long he might stick around. So ironic the bike broke... Most excitement I've encountered from Dungey racing in recent memory...lol.
I agree…. As much as I didn’t want to.

hershey

PR Elite
So where are all the ball swingers? Never got a podium, was almost 1 min back in most every moto, and further in many others. He did better than I expected but not near what most of you said he would.

Besides that, the best season in many years!!

Reactions: k01

k01

PR Elite
So where are all the ball swingers? Never got a podium, was almost 1 min back in most every moto, and further in many others. He did better than I expected but not near what most of you said he would.

Besides that, the best season in many years!!
Best season but with just 2 guys seriously outpacing all the rest. If the trend continues and SX causes an even depleted 450 MX class in 2023, Dungey could be right in there. Lol Did anyone get through the last SX season unscathed?

hershey

PR Elite
Best season but with just 2 guys seriously outpacing all the rest. If the trend continues and SX causes an even depleted 450 MX class in 2023, Dungey could be right in there. Lol Did anyone get through the last SX season unscathed?
Yeah...not happening

hershey

PR Elite
I don't know, one bike failure away from 5th plus makes me wonder how Plessinger and Barcia feel.
They should feel like crap. But dung was his same Ole boring self. Absolutely nothing fun in watching him be back there. After round 3 the TV broadcast rarely showed him. All that hype for not much of a showing. I'm sure he had fun but it has to be terrible not battling up front when you're used to being up there. I can't blame him for stopping now, being a multitime champ battling for 5th has to be frustrating

I dont think if he were in his prime that he would have done better than 3rd over all. He couldn't have touched Tomac or Sexton. They were on another level especially by the half way mark. Incredible the pace

John250

PR Founding Father
No one was catching Eli or Chase this year. But Dungey beat a whole lot of others. So to say he just rode around and was boring is not true. A whole lot of others would have loved to have had Dungeys finishes.

hershey

PR Elite
No one was catching Eli or Chase this year. But Dungey beat a whole lot of others. So to say he just rode around and was boring is not true. A whole lot of others would have loved to have had Dungeys finishes.
I think I said that others should be upset. But he was still boring, nothing exciting in his riding. Anderson, Barcia, ET, Sexton, Craig all had exciting things to watch, Dung... not so much.