Dungey coming back

John250

PR Founding Father
And he is only going to improve.
Bingo Bruce. Here is my prediction. Sexton crashes too much. He will crash a couple motos and maybe miss a round. Roczen, well by round 5 he will be tired and by round 8 he is gone. Tomac is just not 100% on that knee. AP was disappointing yesterday. Hopefully he gets better. Anderson will improve. That leaves Craig, Dungey and Anderson in the top 3 battling for the championship.

jeffro667

PR Addict
Smartest rider of all time: dungey
Ability to control his emotions: dungey

i guess the only way dungey crumbles odd if there’s some weirdo with a jester had pestering him like happy Gilmore was pressured by the guy telling you suck jackahss…
The one guy that got in Dungeys head early on was JLaw, so, is Hershey our version of JLaw? Lol

jeffro667

PR Addict
Bingo Bruce. Here is my prediction. Sexton crashes too much. He will crash a couple motos and maybe miss a round. Roczen, well by round 5 he will be tired and by round 8 he is gone. Tomac is just not 100% on that knee. AP was disappointing yesterday. Hopefully he gets better. Anderson will improve. That leaves Craig, Dungey and Anderson in the top 3 battling for the championship.
I'd say that's a pretty solid call. I really expected Dungey to struggle to crack the top 10, but now with Tomacs knee issue, and Ferrandis missing rounds, I wouldn't be surprised if Dungey wins the championship. In boring style for Hershey though lol!

Carlisle

PR Member
Is it that Dungey is just a machine, or the competition isn’t any faster or better than the villipotos, or Stewart’s of years ago? Yes he has still been staying in shape but he is 5 yrs older than he was the last time he raced professionally!

Toddco327

PR Addict
Is it that Dungey is just a machine, or the competition isn’t any faster or better than the villipotos, or Stewart’s of years ago? Yes he has still been staying in shape but he is 5 yrs older than he was the last time he raced professionally!

What this shows is that todays “formula” of how to train a rider isn’t necessarily improving the sport. They are maintaining a high level of competition but at what cost? There is no reason a rider who has not “been at current pro racing level” for 5yrs can just show up and technically be a title contender. Yes he’s naturally gifted and has put in the work before but come on.

There’s been an increase in riders developing medical conditions for training to much. Someone like Dean Wilson mind as well send in his resignation letter to Husky. “Sorry guys I’ll just never be as good as Dungey no matter how much I train. Yours Deano”

Roczen took off months and came back and was just fine. This should be a wake up call to every rider out there! Relax. Take a break. Practice and get better. But allow your body to do the same.

Congrats to Dungey. I still don’t like him, but credit where it’s due. 222 obviously he’s in the same category and congrats to him.

k01

PR Elite
In boring style for Hershey though
Could his results be more boring? 5 across the board...
Screenshot_20220530-191131-683.png

hershey

PR Elite
Could his results be more boring? 5 across the board...
View attachment 75909
Yep, boring. I was wrong though, he cracked the top 5. 30 some seconds behind. All this shows is that the top 2 were on point, the next few were sprinkled behind. I'm still not impressed for all the hype he got. Another mediocre ride by the dung. Sure, he has a shot at the top 3 by the end I will say. But not because of awesome exciting racing.

Toddco327

PR Addict
Yep, boring. I was wrong though, he cracked the top 5. 30 some seconds behind. All this shows is that the top 2 were on point, the next few were sprinkled behind. I'm still not impressed for all the hype he got. Another mediocre ride by the dung. Sure, he has a shot at the top 3 by the end I will say. But not because of awesome exciting racing.
Amen!

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
I think some people either really gel with pala or they don’t. Obviously sexton and Lawrence have that place figured out. Everyone else seems to struggle there. I think when the rounds start coming east it’ll be a mix up of riders going for the win. Dungey will just keep climbing along

ck1racerx

PR Addict
I was SUPER impressed with Dung and the 222. Dung comes off the couch, hunts down and passes Toesmack and you still say he is boring? Tony is racing for fun and still beats a few full time factory dudes. Yes, The Honda team dominated. Good chance they will all year. But give it a few rounds and the 5 will be pushing those guys. No one touches Jett in the 250 class all year.
I do think the 450 field is pretty weak outside the top 10. But that is normal. Too many injured coming into the outdoors. (oxymoronic)
What i was NOT impressed with was that track. I guess its east coast bias but to me all the tracks in Cali look like dumps. No grass around, no tress to make it look "natural". But i guess when you build a track in the desert, that's what you get.
McElrath - Better then I expected.
Twisted Tea - Save your money and skip the rest of the rounds.
Barcia - Unimpressive, but then again, kind of expected.
Josh Gilbert - Who? Okay, got to find out about him.
Craig - I dont know about this one. Rode amazing but was that just a local race thing?
AP- Not at all what I expected. But I think he just needs more ruts and some mud.
MaCadoo - Exactly what I expected. Hope he gets better quick. But... He may want to consider a career change...
Vohland - Riding out his contract. Twisted Tea is on line 2.
Shimoda - 2023 250 outdoor Champ

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
I think the California tracks suck also. They just don’t race good in my opinion and don’t look good at all. Also the desert weather doesn’t help at all. I can understand it’s a good practice track but not a good race track in my book

SCHAFFERNOCKER

PR Addict
I'd say dungey pry did more preparing than everyone was led to. He is smart guy, he wouldnt come back if he didnt think he had a chance to compete for something.

@Vet261 Now maybe this will wake up these other riders cherry picking LL

hershey

PR Elite
Man....round one he proved you wrong. I've got Dungey on the podium at round two, three at the lastest.
I said I was wrong. But he was 30 seconds behind the top 2 and 20 behind Craig. He isn't making that up any time soon lmao.

Once Anderson gets the starts down, he will be ahead of Dung also. I'd be willing to bet dung doesn't hit top 5 next race

John250

PR Founding Father
I said I was wrong. But he was 30 seconds behind the top 2 and 20 behind Craig. He isn't making that up any time soon lmao.

Once Anderson gets the starts down, he will be ahead of Dung also. I'd be willing to bet dung doesn't hit top 5 next race
Your on. I bet he is podium by round 3.