ME Vet Regional Championships

Vet261

PR Addict
None of the Vet Regionals have had turnouts over 300. PVR was about 250. Oak Ridge and Lake Sugar Tree (this weekend) about 280.

The Vet Regional being separate seemed really cool in 2020, but now it's kind of the leftover regional without much excitement/attendance.
I think part of the issue is that the Vet regional is never going to get the "destination" track. Not a dig on BC at all, but I mean we aren't getting Millville, Unadilla, Red Bud, etc anymore. Those tracks will get the larger regionals.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
None of the Vet Regionals have had turnouts over 300. PVR was about 250. Oak Ridge and Lake Sugar Tree (this weekend) about 280.

The Vet Regional being separate seemed really cool in 2020, but now it's kind of the leftover regional without much excitement/attendance.
I think part of the issue is that the Vet regional is never going to get the "destination" track. Not a dig on BC at all, but I mean we aren't getting Millville, Unadilla, Red Bud, etc anymore. Those tracks will get the larger regionals.
I totally understand, not taking anything you say as a dig. It just sucks that we can’t get more to race support, because that’s the missing half of that event

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Everyone shows up at regionals and pays for the track time. I’m sure if you didn’t give the support classes there 7 laps someone would complain. But any idea of the practice or race order yet?
Lol!!! Saturday morning during practice we will have an order

Meister

PR Founding Father
Maybe I didn't explain well enough. I know no pros are going to flock to an R+ class.. This means it's literally like the same class, one just isn't going to the ranch. I'm saying instead of having 2 of the same class, change it up some. Either by age or the b/c designation. Sportsman designation means almost nothing. It stops like 8 guys from riding to those classes.. lol.. In sportsman classes, I've raced guys who have gotten 21st at pro nationals lol.. The whole thing needs reform in that aspect.

This is MX sports failing you as a promoter. Make classes that will attract people, not add duplicate classes that hardly anyone is going to ride.

Is there contingency for r+?

Stupid dead horse rant:
From a quad stand point, do you think you have the same skill set as Tim Farr (compare him to Emig, Hughes), and do you think you could keep up with him if he started racing again? I got $10k on Farr. Just as you would on Emig if I was "racing" him lol. Now, how about if Upperman (compare him to Alessi, RV) got on a Baldwin 450 tomorrow for the first time in a few years. Think you could hang? No. Different skill set entirely! $20k on Josh. This same thing goes for fast 40 people. Even, dare I say, Knox.. Guy had developed a skill set that doesn't just go away that many will never come close to learning. Fast 40 qualifiers hit different. I respect the hell out of the fast (old-er) dudes for the record! There's just not a chance in hell normal Joe blow can keep up with a guy like Peterson, Henry, Grewe, Carsten, Emig, Durham (gotta hit the age groups lol).. Lorettas direly needs a Vet Pro class and all other classes should be no fast 40s allowed. Lol
End of rant. Feel free to call me a pussy, if you actually ride or race. Lol

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Maybe I didn't explain well enough. I know no pros are going to flock to an R+ class.. This means it's literally like the same class, one just isn't going to the ranch. I'm saying instead of having 2 of the same class, change it up some. Either by age or the b/c designation. Sportsman designation means almost nothing. It stops like 8 guys from riding to those classes.. lol.. In sportsman classes, I've raced guys who have gotten 21st at pro nationals lol.. The whole thing needs reform in that aspect.

This is MX sports failing you as a promoter. Make classes that will attract people, not add duplicate classes that hardly anyone is going to ride.

Is there contingency for r+?

Stupid dead horse rant:
From a quad stand point, do you think you have the same skill set as Tim Farr (compare him to Emig, Hughes), and do you think you could keep up with him if he started racing again? I got $10k on Farr. Just as you would on Emig if I was "racing" him lol. Now, how about if Upperman (compare him to Alessi, RV) got on a Baldwin 450 tomorrow for the first time in a few years. Think you could hang? No. Different skill set entirely! $20k on Josh. This same thing goes for fast 40 people. Even, dare I say, Knox.. Guy had developed a skill set that doesn't just go away that many will never come close to learning. Fast 40 qualifiers hit different. I respect the hell out of the fast (old-er) dudes for the record! There's just not a chance in hell normal Joe blow can keep up with a guy like Peterson, Henry, Grewe, Carsten, Emig, Durham (gotta hit the age groups lol).. Lorettas direly needs a Vet Pro class and all other classes should be no fast 40s allowed. Lol
End of rant. Feel free to call me a pussy, if you actually ride or race. Lol
I’m smoking Timmy he’s like 55 now, but cool story bro

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I'm coming down to race a support class to get the track time you don't get at other races. If you are thinking about cutting laps for the support classes, maybe compromise with 6 laps.
Thanks for the feedback. I really don’t care if it’s 5-6-7, I’m here to put on a good event. So whatever the majority thinks, we can do.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Lol I duno man. I said what I said. Different skill sets.

And I'm smoking Jeff Emig because he's 50 something too.. not happening.
I think emig is on a bit of a different level than Farr….. I like Tim but I highly doubt he could win 40+ now, robbins wins 30 and 40, I’d bet you I could run with Tim, maybe not in a sxs, but 10-15 years ago, no way he’d smoke me.

Meister

PR Founding Father
I think emig is on a bit of a different level than Farr….. I like Tim but I highly doubt he could win 40+ now, robbins wins 30 and 40, I’d bet you I could run with Tim, maybe not in a sxs, but 10-15 years ago, no way he’d smoke me.
Farr was the McGrath of quads!

Did you know at one point I bet Tim could have qualified for a bike national too?

Meister

PR Founding Father
Here's the big R+ class this weekend down south....

Screenshot_20220617-153459.png

Mercer

PR Member
The 3 regionals are better in my opinion because regional classes get 15 minute motos so the start isn’t so crucial. Most dudes can hang for 4 laps like they used to be with a good start. The vet regional is tricky because there’s such limited classes which is why so many R+ classes are offered. In 2 years this has happened the turn outs in those are dismal, and usually not even worth running. You can stagger start a lot of them, but you need at least 1 moto between a lot of classes where people run double pro sport/college, pro sport/25, 25/30, 25/40, 30/40, 45/40, 45/50, 40/50 almost entirely you are getting 1-2 minimally who’s doubled up in any of those combinations. Leaves you with 250 pro sport which usually has a bunch of college boy kids, and WMX.

As long as there’s 1 moto in between, and the gate guys know some riders will be late to slow play lining up the gate that’s fine with me. However, i know I can recover quicker, and put a lot of effort into this so not everyone is in that same boat.

just rip it deep, and donthe best ya can this coming weekend without trying to get too tricky & make for long days!

looking forward to being a little more healed and giving it hell!

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
We ran the youth last year, and I believe we’re one of the few to run the whole program on 15 minute motos and not cut any the second day to get done. We had over 800, and I think we got done around 5 on Sunday. I don’t think we should have any problems with the program next weekend. I’m more concerned about what you mentioned, getting people back to staging and back to the line. We usually stage people one behind the gate, so one on the gate, another staged in order and then lines of the next few motos. Just about need two in between someone’s classes to make that work

MX099

PR Addict
I know it’s short notice but just throwing this out there. Why not try something a little old school. Make the support classes 125 support, 250 support, and Open support? No ages or A B C. Charge a little less than a regular race day and try to fill the gates. If you get nice size gates give them 10 lap motos so the qualifying riders can get some brakes.