ME Vet Regional Championships

Vet261

PR Addict
Think the R+ classes are a waste now. They need to put the regionals back to two regionals probably. Just my opinion.

I am on board with you in a way.

For someone like me, I really don't have a shot at qualifying from a regional so I've always done them as "fun" big events. With the VET being separate now, honestly, they are boring. Sure 250 and Open Pro Sport were cool at PVR, but other than that, ehhhh. Had fun watching 30 but it was just because Delbalso and Georgie were in it.

For the LL diehards that don't watch anything, do anything, care about anything but getting their ticket, Vet regional is nice. For others like me that make it into a mini-vacation, there isn't much appeal anymore.

At PVR I think I watched more TV sitting in the camper that weekend than I typically do at home! LOL.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I know it’s short notice but just throwing this out there. Why not try something a little old school. Make the support classes 125 support, 250 support, and Open support? No ages or A B C. Charge a little less than a regular race day and try to fill the gates. If you get nice size gates give them 10 lap motos so the qualifying riders can get some brakes.
We have a 30+ 125cc support. I think it’s similar to one of your suggestions. Come race it!!

Meister

PR Founding Father
Vet regionals this weekend. Another one with 1996 style scoring and one with live timing I can't get to work. Awesome.

John250

PR Founding Father
If you know what motos you have. The take 15 minutes. Just schedule all the motos by time. Show up to the gate 5 minutes before. Do a little maintenance on the track here and there while you have time. That would be awesome in my opinion. You know exactly what time to be on the gate.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
At wildcat they had dudes riding back to back and riding 3-4 classes. They would take a 5-10 minute break between motos for them. I thought it was personally excessive. If someone wants to ride 3-4 classes knowing you can only ride two at Loretta’s they shouldn’t make a special break for those people

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
At wildcat they had dudes riding back to back and riding 3-4 classes. They would take a 5-10 minute break between motos for them. I thought it was personally excessive. If someone wants to ride 3-4 classes knowing you can only ride two at Loretta’s they shouldn’t make a special break for those people
I’m not. If roll in here knowing you could literally be off the track and back to the gate, you should have prepared yourself. Or we will help you prepare. No slack, we are rolling.

John250

PR Founding Father
I’m not. If roll in here knowing you could literally be off the track and back to the gate, you should have prepared yourself. Or we will help you prepare. No slack, we are rolling.
That's why I live racing BC. The program rolls. Always has. Only track where you can be in moto 2 and rolling off the track with moto 1 done by 9:30.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Final Regional Plus Class List:
Women's 30+/30+C
25+ B/C
30+ Sportsman
40+ Sportsman
50+ Sportsman
60+
Warrior
30+ 125cc

I know its not perfect, I hope everyone has fun though!

Regional Info Sheet_Front2022.jpg

hershey

PR Elite
Not only that, but the last couple years for the VET regionals all the tracks I looked at ran the same exact running order.
The 3 youth regionals we went to this year all ran the same order. Practice order was the race order as well.

On another note....the transponder scoring rocks, you can watch live timing and never wonder what moto is on the track. It's almost impossible to miss your moto due being uninformed about racing progress despite speaker or radio availability for announcing.

MX955

PitRacer Pro
Why the lol? Every regional we've went to had the race order before the weekend started. There isn't a need to wait for sign ups, you already know the class structure and who can or can't run back to back.
Another reason why I like racing the NY stuff, when you pull in the gate Friday night/Saturday morning they give you a paper with all info on it and the race order for Sunday

Vet261

PR Addict
Off to a bad start....MXsports posted the BC "list" today, so I started working it up. Ended up figuring out it's actually the list from the Regional in Texas last week. hahahaha.

At first I was like damn must be a big vet group from TX making the trip together! LOL

Meister

PR Founding Father
Off to a bad start....MXsports posted the BC "list" today, so I started working it up. Ended up figuring out it's actually the list from the Regional in Texas last week. hahahaha.

At first I was like damn must be a big vet group from TX making the trip together! LOL
I did the same thing lol

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Why the lol? Every regional we've went to had the race order before the weekend started. There isn't a need to wait for sign ups, you already know the class structure and who can or can't run back to back.
We will use the support/regional plus classes to help prevent back to back motos if possible. So nobody else tried that??? Hmmmmkay.