Future of motocross

It wont be nothing to add a speaker that mimics the missing motor noise.
That is what I was thinking. My Tesla can make fart noises, among other sounds.
And before anyone even thinks that I am an environmental nut-job, I bought the Tesla strictly for the performance. I did not have the heart to tell my environmental nut-job friend that the electricity to charge the Tesla comes form one of the 11-16 coal fired power plants in Ohio.

Last edited:
t mininos I was caught off guard when a fleet full of 50s ripped off the line when I was in staging.

I’m like what’s that?! Look around. Then I’m like oh wow. Yea there’s no engine noise. But there was noise. And there they go….

It’ll be fine without the noise. The beauty in moto is watching the poetry in motion and the passes more so than the sounds.

The four stroke has prepared us for this. Because four strokes are ugly. And there’s no sweeter sound than the 2 stroke. And those are dead. We doing just fine. Electric is the future. And it’ll be just fine.

t mininos I was caught off guard when a fleet full of 50s ripped off the line when I was in staging.

I’m like what’s that?! Look around. Then I’m like oh wow. Yea there’s no engine noise. But there was noise. And there they go….

It’ll be fine without the noise. The beauty in moto is watching the poetry in motion and the passes more so than the sounds.

The four stroke has prepared us for this. Because four strokes are ugly. And there’s no sweeter sound than the 2 stroke. And those are dead. We doing just fine. Electric is the future. And it’ll be just fine.
Ktm proved that 2 strokes aren’t dead and they’re in higher demand than ever. Off road racing is amazing bc of the crisp 2 strokes ripping through the woods.

I don't believe EVs racing motocross or GNCC is the future in my lifetime. They are a novelty. Too many tracks have zero infrastructure for them and honestly the 400 generators running all the time will be way worse noise wise than the motocross bikes ever were.
You got a terminal illness ? Your young. It’ll be in your lifetime.

All the damn generators are mostly quiet. Minus the two a holes with harbor freight $299 predator.

You got a terminal illness ? Your young. It’ll be in your lifetime.

All the damn generators are mostly quiet. Minus the two a holes with harbor freight $299 predator.
Dude, you're smoking crack. 90% of generators at the track should be banned for noise. If we have to have noise levels for racing it should include generators. I rode an Alta, it was cool but not as easy to rode as my 450.

Until they fix the battery life or charge times, they won't be taking over. I'm not against them for any reason, just not a fan by any means. In person spectator turn outs for the nationals will drop for sure though.

Dude, you're smoking crack. 90% of generators at the track should be banned for noise. If we have to have noise levels for racing it should include generators. I rode an Alta, it was cool but not as easy to rode as my 450.

Until they fix the battery life or charge times, they won't be taking over. I'm not against them for any reason, just not a fan by any means. In person spectator turn outs for the nationals will drop for sure though.
Question is though how can they fix the battery. So far the battery has came a very long way but if you’re practicing for a day you’d be there all day if you want to get your motos in. Also race days you would have to charge everytime your off the track. Personally I would rather fill my tank everytime instead. Not against it just makes no sense for anyone who actually trains, practices, and races. It’s just a play bike right now really and nothing more in my eyes.

All you EV fans. Here is a Chinese EV looking for American dealers. Let's see how many step up and become dealers.

Screenshot_20231228_202502_Facebook.jpg

Do you still have to crank a phone to engage in communication ?

Are we all dumber because we can’t use a phone From 1930 ? Or is it maybe because the clutch / shifting mechanisms in moto will become obsolete ?

Just signed up for Daytona. Camping went from 250 to 300. Sign up per class went from 90 to 100. Transponder went from 25 to 45. Adult admission went up too. Yay!

Just signed up for Daytona. Camping went from 250 to 300. Sign up per class went from 90 to 100. Transponder went from 25 to 45. Adult admission went up too. Yay!
Bidenomics. Wait...........MXSportnomics. Davey kids need new shoes.

I have not raced in over two years. I signed up for 40 B/C since the top 15 of 50 plus anymore is nothing but ex-pros at Daytona. Time to get in shape in two months. What's the Meister secret?

No electric vehicle can replace this. In motorsports its not all about speed or ability. It's about feeling and hearing the power! Nobody is going to watch drag racing with all electric vehicles,BORING

Nope not at all. Part of the NHRA experience is being in the pits next to a top fuel or funny car when they fire it up. The sound, smell and feel of the raw horsepower thumps in your chest. Not getting that from an electric motor.

Bidenomics. Wait...........MXSportnomics. Davey kids need new shoes.

I have not raced in over two years. I signed up for 40 B/C since the top 15 of 50 plus anymore is nothing but ex-pros at Daytona. Time to get in shape in two months. What's the Meister secret?
RUN.. i started today. Lol. then just rely on instincts lol. Youre in fl, you have no excuse not to put in some seat time. Hook up camping, owners lot, the garages and over half the classrs filled in under 3 hours. Lol.

RUN.. i started today. Lol. then just rely on instincts lol. Youre in fl, you have no excuse not to put in some seat time. Hook up camping, owners lot, the garages and over half the classrs filled in under 3 hours. Lol.
Yep, that is the plan.

But let's be honest. I watched the women's pro class. After the top 10 the skill level drops pretty quick and the rest of them are not cracking the top 25 in the B class.

Back