Winter Projects Re-re-re-re-visited

Zman that 84 YZ250 should look familiar !

That is right!! I forgot that knew part of this bike's past. Now maybe someone can answer why all the extra holes were drilled in the side panels and then patched with clear silocone. I was stumped.

I think you also knew the origins of the B C engraved in the cylinder.

Dan

Nice looking steed Dano. Should bring lot's of smiles!

What are the black thingies on the fork lowers?

Well, Winter project #2 came home this weekend.

I'm sorta diggin the Fox sticker on the shroud!

89KX125_resize.jpg

Is that the KX that was on Ebay ? TB901 had one of those bikes in 86, I think Terry was waiting for the RM's to get race able again, by 88 he bought a RM and has been on them ever since.
I might still have a picture of me racing it. It was a pretty good bike as I recall.

Yes it was on Ebay. I saw it for sale locally on CL for way too much. Started at 2,000, then 1700, then was on Ebay for 1700, then down to 1400, then finally no reserve auction starting low. I won it at like 850.

It's got some new parts on it and seems to run good, looks decent and is not all botched up. But it's not as "race ready" as the '89 I also bought. This '86 needs gone over to make it right.

I really only bought it because you don't see them all that often and it's nice enough for me to look at for a while, fix up, and eventually sell.

Reactions: DTS
I finally fired up my old 82 YZ250 yesterday, I rode it up and down the street a few times. Bike sounds awesome! Now do I break it out at Mid-Ohio or put it back on the stand and look at it ?

Back