Winter Projects Re-re-re-re-visited

C Hudak

PR Addict
image.jpg
This is all I need to ride with you!

dmx153

PR Founding Father
Were you nipping on my heals Hartney? The bike is very original, looks like it still has the stock tires on it. It needs bearings and gone through but for the most part it's tight.

AHRMA361

PR Founding Father
I am not sure what step I am on....Actually, I think I have gone all the way through and have recycled and am back on step 1.

Here is my 1989 CR250R I bought new in Massillon. I put red duct tape on the tank, frame and even the shock reservoir to keep from wearing the plastics...lol..I was cheap then, cheap today. Check out the "in" Flo Pink front brake lever, foam under the brake pedal for mud races and my old Can-Am MX6 125 (that I still have 26 years later) in the background with a Natty Light can on the seat!

89CR250R.jpg

Here it is in action at the opener at Sunset Ramblers in 1990 in Galion Ohio. Loved that Galion track for MX and HS. Bell Moto 3 helmet, White Answer boots, Hallman chest protector....style for miles

89CR250R_Galion.jpg

No idea why the picture's loaded sideways.....Sorry for that.

VETRIDER801

PR Member
I have my 85 KX-125 out for a bottem end over haul, I also rounded up a 1988 YZ-250 to do up in memory of my Dad Steve Miller he had a 1986 YZ-250 #54 in "super senior" class at Honda Hills back in the 80's I also rode some 250B class on it as well, Chose the 88 hoping for a little better suspension to go with the killer 1980's YZ-250 motor, heres a pic of it, still has original tires, was trail ridden and ideas for this or help would be cool, would love to find a 1984-1985 vented front # plate for it if anyone has one let me know
100_6169.jpg

VETRIDER801

PR Member
My winter project is more reducing my mass (no fun) and less working on a bike. I picked up a nice 83 YZ125 that is ready to go from a racer in Florida and am thinking about switching to it from my 79 KX250 next season. Since it is a 125 I better shed about 40 lbs to drag me around the track.

View attachment 44427View attachment 44428

With the new non-current class changes, I am also thinking about putting number 762 on the 92 RM125 I use as a practice bike and adding another class on raceday.

The only bike work is some carb and brake pedal work on the KX. I plan to fix up a little MR50 I found cheap last summer and sell it in the spring to help finance race season.

So I'm be in the gym and working to strengthen my knee before the series, can't wait - for the series not the gym!!!

One other project is trying to layout a bit of a practice track where I ride. If any of you are in the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky area and want to help with design, it is a place we can ride together in the spring.

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

DanO
The Yamy Sure looks looks like a 1984 YZ-125L to me My buddy John Vanhorn raced on of these in schoolboy class in 1985

AHRMA361

PR Founding Father
I have my 85 KX-125 out for a bottem end over haul, I also rounded up a 1988 YZ-250 to do up in memory of my Dad Steve Miller he had a 1986 YZ-250 #54 in "super senior" class at Honda Hills back in the 80's I also rode some 250B class on it as well, Chose the 88 hoping for a little better suspension to go with the killer 1980's YZ-250 motor, heres a pic of it, still has original tires, was trail ridden and ideas for this or help would be cool, would love to find a 1984-1985 vented front # plate for it if anyone has one let me know

That thing looks pretty clean! Hated that on my 1985 YZ250 that the tank was all yellowed out. Nice score!

evomx244

PR Addict
I have my 85 KX-125 out for a bottem end over haul, I also rounded up a 1988 YZ-250 to do up in memory of my Dad Steve Miller he had a 1986 YZ-250 #54 in "super senior" class at Honda Hills back in the 80's I also rode some 250B class on it as well, Chose the 88 hoping for a little better suspension to go with the killer 1980's YZ-250 motor, heres a pic of it, still has original tires, was trail ridden and ideas for this or help would be cool, would love to find a 1984-1985 vented front # plate for it if anyone has one let me knowView attachment 47764

That's the 88 YZ 250 that came out of Michigan, Garrison Goforth had that bike on Mark's swap meet and then on ebay

Vet261

PR Addict
Not new projects, but winter rebuilds.....I've got three 84 RM's down to the frame right now. Mine and two of Babet's.
Frames are out at Ace Powdercoating now......
Cylinders getting ready for new bore......
Cases split, ultrasonic'd, and ready for blasting and painting.....

84RM'sA.JPG
84RM'sB.JPG
84RM'sC.JPG

Last edited:

NQ1965

PR Elite
Wow......
Hour's and hours and hours of parts cleaning there.

Makes me tired just looking at the pic's. Have to go sit down and take me a union break on that one.o_O