Trump daddy

NQ1965

PR Elite
No worry, after Trumps re-inauguration all will be quiet and in perfect harmony. haha

Last edited:

NQ1965

PR Elite
All of this corona virus crap has me feeling a little salty this morning so I might as well tear into our local politics, which we haven't discussed yet. John250, you are going to have to help us make sense of all of this.

Growing up in a middle class family in the 60's, 70's and 80's under two parents that were non-college educated, factory workers, "I", was very fortunate to have some pretty good people for teachers and mentors along the way.

When I was 14, I went to work for a guy that was building a home across the street from my house. (we were living in the suburb/country at this point). This man was a divorced part time home builder, who in evenings, weekends and on vacations had built a total of 55 homes. He worked full time as an Electric Shop supervisor for our local Kaiser Aluminum plant. (huge facility). And he also was a Navy Reservist (30+ years when he finally retired), who's service occupation was Flight Engineer for Navy P-3 submarine hunters.
This began a friendship and working relationship that lasted 27 years before he died. He was instrumental to getting me rolling down my career path, and he had forgotten more than most people around me ever knew. My parents thought the world of the man, and were forever grateful to the positive influence that he had on me.

So anyway, back in the 90's I was at his house one evening and I spotted a signed photo of Bill Clinton on his refrigerator. Now bear in mind, this was at the beginning of his 1st presidential term before all of the scandals. The old man had mailed him a campaign contribution.
Kind of surprised by this, I commented that I didn't realize you were a democrat? (of course being young, I hadn't considered that he'd been a blue collar/white collar factory worker for all those years). "And of all the democrats, I can't believe you'd support Clinton?".

He gave me a simple direct response that I've never forgotten and have learned to be somewhat accurate. He said, "I used to be a Republican, but without fail, every time they get into power, they step on their on D**K's"!

Fast forward to July 2020. And now we have this wonderful scandal with the Ohio House Republicans. And perfect timing I might add.

Last edited:

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
We are almost poised for a revolution in this country, it's a scary time and all the great foundation that the Founding Fathers laid long before us after being tired of the tyranny of Britain is about to be torn up, thrown out the window, and re-written by people who's only goal is take all the power and wield it to make themselves have the grandest life ever while the rest of us all work for them to keep things moving. It's truly scary how far from the middle people have become in their thinking on either side of the party lines. What happened to us as a country? This story really says it all, below. The young generation have no basis for what a "depression" or non prosperous times are, and they think that they have it tough and want everyone to be equal. Guess what, everyone will hate when the government controls everything and makes us all equal!!!!

Read This and get an understanding of what young people of today think:

https://fee.org/articles/college-student-my-generation-is-blind-to-the-prosperity-around-us/

beenridin

PR Elite
Having a chat with my parents the other day;
My Mom said” well Michael we have lasted a long time. Many Governments have been overthrown in my lifetime . The USA has lasted a long time”
Why are we different than any other nation?

Now that is scary !

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I’m not following what you’re saying beenriding.

Is your mom hinting at maybe the government needs overthrown?

@RocketRobin yea I agree with you there. Nobody my age ever grew up without food, and air conditioning. As a society we are so comfortable today that only thing left to do is look at social issues with a magnifying glass because nobody is starving. And it’s easy to blame the successful While the full-bellied-comfortable generation sits in an air conditioned classroom (paid for by a sign here unsecured federal student loan) listening to a tenured professor tell them they’re better than everyone because they’re in college. Proletariat and bougesie that’s all they harp about. They start educating kids divisively from the get go in the “required-to-graduate” sociology 101 class. Wtf.

Vets that’s aren’t extremely messed up (blown to hell, PTSD ETC) are way ahead of the peers at 25. Two-three tours in a warzone really lets one appreciate that the United States isn’t the rest of beenridings mothers “government overthrown” world....

Here’s some food for thought. No American has ever been a refugee in the borders of the USA. No American Or soldier has ever been killed because the American government was overthrown. But thousands upon thousands of our American soldiers get killed because of OTHER governments being overthrown. Do we want to be like the rest of the world? Nope. That’s scary!

Last edited:

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Bill poverty is Africa. And if we get passing stimulus bills and printing money we will end up just like Africa. Government employees are rich. And the rest are starving.

Not your section 8 housing development. The poorest Americans are filthy rich compared to a slum in Jamaica.

Maybe there are still poor here that are hungry to this day. Regardless....all the assholes that are burning our cities down...never walked 6 miles with a basket of water on their head.

jj584

PR Addict
I think no matter who wins in November we will be in for six months of a wild ride after. The left and the right are both going to claim some kind of corruption. If the left succeeds in stealing the presidency I'm not sure Donald is moving out and I wouldn't want him too. The left is already slow rolling the idea of doing away with the electoral college.

jj584

PR Addict
I’m not following what you’re saying beenriding.

Is your mom hinting at maybe the government needs overthrown?

@RocketRobin yea I agree with you there. Nobody my age ever grew up without food, and air conditioning. As a society we are so comfortable today that only thing left to do is look at social issues with a magnifying glass because nobody is starving. And it’s easy to blame the successful While the full-bellied-comfortable generation sits in an air conditioned classroom (paid for by a sign here unsecured federal student loan) listening to a tenured professor tell them they’re better than everyone because they’re in college. Proletariat and bougesie that’s all they harp about. They start educating kids divisively from the get go in the “required-to-graduate” sociology 101 class. Wtf.

Vets that’s aren’t extremely messed up (blown to hell, PTSD ETC) are way ahead of the peers at 25. Two-three tours in a warzone really lets one appreciate that the United States isn’t the rest of beenridings mothers “government overthrown” world....

Here’s some food for thought. No American has ever been a refugee in the borders of the USA. No American Or soldier has ever been killed because the American government was overthrown. But thousands upon thousands of our American soldiers get killed because of OTHER governments being overthrown. Do we want to be like the rest of the world? Nope. That’s scary!
I think you don't realize that a lot of people around you were probably struggling and you didn't know it. I'm 40, when I was living at home we didn't have AC, we kept the thermostat at 65 in the winter to save money, I worked at 13 on to pay for most of my clothes. My mom was single, we lived off of credit cards all year hoping the tax return and profit sharing from her job would pay those off to start over. Living poor takes work, you eat a lot of pork and a lot of pasta might get lucky and throw some ground beef in there once in awhile. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean somebody isn't struggling, there's a lot of struggling going on in my school district.

Bill480

PR Addict
I think you don't realize that a lot of people around you were probably struggling and you didn't know it. I'm 40, when I was living at home we didn't have AC, we kept the thermostat at 65 in the winter to save money, I worked at 13 on to pay for most of my clothes. My mom was single, we lived off of credit cards all year hoping the tax return and profit sharing from her job would pay those off to start over. Living poor takes work, you eat a lot of pork and a lot of pasta might get lucky and throw some ground beef in there once in awhile. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean somebody isn't struggling, there's a lot of struggling going on in my school district.

you didn't "walk 6 miles with a basket of water on your head" so apparently you werent really poor in Georgie's eyes lmao

and if you werent alive 80 (or is it 90?) years ago you have never struggled enough to have an opinion on anything according to robin.

ddmx488

PR Addict
An interesting article I read helped put it into perspective.

If you were born in 1900 you lived through WW1, the Spanish flu, the great depression, WW2, Vietnam, Korean war, and a whole host of other viruses trying to kill you prior to the scientific era. We don't have it too bad in 2020 by comparison.

jms158bmx

PR Member

Im 38 and grew up exactly the same way. No ac and burned firewood in winter. Every meal was a can of ravioli split 3 ways or grilled cheese. And when our pond dried up in the summers we would take old gallon milk jugs to the neighbors n fill em. At least my neighbors close and i didnt have to walk 6 miles.

NQ1965

PR Elite
I had just watched a similar video clip on Fox news this morning.
Quite sad really.
Wonder how far the party is gonna let this go?
But then again, I question how long are the voters going to let this go every time Party leaders Schumer, Pelosi, Nadler and Schiff speak.

With our Democracy based on a governmental checks and balance system design, and then a non-career figure like Trump can step into politics and do as well as he had, (pre-covid pandemic), it shows that the political parties are failing badly.

Last edited:

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Biden has a Left hemisphere brain tumor I bet. Family history of them....his son died of one. His speech is rocky....tells me the tumor is pressing up against his speech centers.I don’t think he lives 8 years to be a 2 term president.