Battle for Ohio Round 1 May 27 & 28

They made some jump changes last year, and MANY people on here complained because the jump faces got so rutted. Your right it is motocross. But MANY of the people racing are not National Pros, and deep ruts on jump faces, are an issue when your talking people with less skills.
John, I think you have a very valid concern. We went to the High Point qualifier and that was the biggest complaint of every rider I talked with. They had made numerous changes to the track and the jump faces got horribly rutted and made for a very dangerous track. Its great that the new Malvern owner is making changes and I hope that it works out for the best. I'm guessing they know what their doing and am looking forward to seeing the new changes. However, the concern is real, especially with the current forecast (rain) and if there is a big turn out. I am really hoping the rain gets here early and clears out for the weekend.

That was my point. MX315, your right I have not been there this year, but been there many times. Also been racing long enough to know usually in wet weather, when building new jumps, add in 600 riders, and your gonna have ruts usually. Hopefully Meister is correct and their dirt is different than many other tracks.

IMHO, the last thing Malvern needed was more jumps. I wonder how long until straight rhythms catches on locally lol

Exactly what I said to my son. I loved Malvern the last couple years. I hope they don't make it too supercross like.

If we're counting the number of jumps, technically that video shows fewer jumps in that section compared to a week ago?

No matter what happens to this track, it's himan nature to question or fear change. Just remember, Jason could have sold the track to someone else for a whole lot more money, but it woulda meant the track wen bye bye completely. So instead of bitching and complaining more than Knox at an ama board meeting, just be glad Malvern's owned by someone who simply wants to make Malvern better.

Sheesh, everyone on here bitching about the track and change, THE MALVERN PROS ARE GONNA BE UPSET! Show up and ride then you can voice your opinions and suggestions.

I have complete faith in the crew making changes, i mean its not their first rodeo...

The posts are opinions guys, try your best to remember that. Everyone has one. For gods sake, it's not winter any more.

Some of those hits look a little large for my old, fat arse. Good luck to everyone attending!!!

Sheesh, everyone on here bitching about the track and change, THE MALVERN PROS ARE GONNA BE UPSET! Show up and ride then you can voice your opinions and suggestions.

I have complete faith in the crew making changes, i mean its not their first rodeo...

In the past we would get excited for track changes ......
Now some have concern ?????......What a change -

ruts.jpg

Real moto .....

John, I think you have a very valid concern. We went to the High Point qualifier and that was the biggest complaint of every rider I talked with. They had made numerous changes to the track and the jump faces got horribly rutted and made for a very dangerous track. Its great that the new Malvern owner is making changes and I hope that it works out for the best. I'm guessing they know what their doing and am looking forward to seeing the new changes. However, the concern is real, especially with the current forecast (rain) and if there is a big turn out. I am really hoping the rain gets here early and clears out for the weekend.
What was the riders biggest enjoyment? ....that you talked with?

Back