Dungey coming back

Scoob

PR Founding Father
It’s going to be insane if he comes out of retirement and wins the title.. I am calling it right now.
Not going to happen. I am calling it right now. It would be pretty insane. Can't say I am a fan so much, but he's a good dude. I'd be happen for him. Old Guys Rule...lol.

Dungey was competitive...not for championship though. It's early, but the "Dunge" as Spencer wants to call him, has created more excitement in his return than his entire career. Good to see him back mixing it up. Guess we shall see.

How many pages you think this thread will have? Think it's an all season thread? Or will it go by the wayside after Dungey scores a 10th and drops out of the top 5 in points?...

John250

PR Founding Father
no way.. the guys not dropping out of the top 5... he has all ways been very consistent.. if nothing stupid happens he will be in the mix for the championship because he know how to stay off the ground. :p
Sexton, he will crash. Just a matter of when. Probably DNF a moto and maybe miss a round.
Roczen, he will have his fatigue issues and fade.
Tomac, not 100% we will see if he even races all season.
AP7. He will have some great motos, but some bad ok ones mixed in.
Barcia.....he's not even close to consistent top 5.
Anderson. Fast but once again will be on the ground 4 or 5 times, but top 3.
Craig has something to prove. He will be there in the hunt. Proving his worth for the Husky Rock Star ride.
Dungey. That leaves the diesel. Riding right there. Top five and top three spots. Grabbing a few moto wins and winning the championship because he is consistent and always there.

Toddco327

PR Addict
Sexton, he will crash. Just a matter of when. Probably DNF a moto and maybe miss a round.
Roczen, he will have his fatigue issues and fade.
Tomac, not 100% we will see if he even races all season.
AP7. He will have some great motos, but some bad ok ones mixed in.
Barcia.....he's not even close to consistent top 5.
Anderson. Fast but once again will be on the ground 4 or 5 times, but top 3.
Craig has something to prove. He will be there in the hunt. Proving his worth for the Husky Rock Star ride.
Dungey. That leaves the diesel. Riding right there. Top five and top three spots. Grabbing a few moto wins and winning the championship because he is consistent and always there.
Great. Another Dungey title. It will be fun to crown the guy riding around in 4-5th all season long.

John250

PR Founding Father
Great. Another Dungey title. It will be fun to crown the guy riding around in 4-5th all season long.
So if you are always there, always in the top and end up the champion, we should not give that guy the title?

40 guys would love to just "ride around" and win a championship. That's an idiotic comment. The only goal of a top ten rider is a championship. Nothing else matters.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
So if you are always there, always in the top and end up the champion, we should not give that guy the title?

40 guys would love to just "ride around" and win a championship. That's an idiotic comment. The only goal of a top ten rider is a championship. Nothing else matters.
You're wrong John x2...

It wasn't an idiotic comment...it was funny... :D

And the ONLY goal is not a championship. You ever hear a rider ONLY say he doesn't care if he wins any motos and plans to just cruise into a championship hoping no wins will do it...never proving he is the fastest rider...ever...only the smartest? I mean, I get what you say, but they ALWAYS want to win. Even Dungey, but Dungey obviously cares the least about that. He wins by circumstance in that one of the faster riders has a problem.

That said, he definitely is the champ at finding a nominal pace that is still fast, but totally in his control. What he did last weekend was impressive. No denying that.

hershey

PR Elite

Nah, nothing fun about that. Who wants to watch him ride around like he did this past weekend? Not me, if it weren't the Dung they wouldn't have even showed him that far back in 5th. Why? Because it's boring.

jeffro667

PR Addict
I really thought Dungey would have a hard time breaking the top 10, not that he's not fast enough, but I didn't think he would have the intensity after 6 years off. Even though he was a ways back, I don't think that shithole Pala track is a true indicator. Remember 15 when Tomac absolutely smoked him at the first two rounds? Who ended up winning that title lol! At this point, the only guy I see beating Dungey for the title is Tomac, if his knee isn't too bad.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
s1200_image.jpg

Choose your idol

hershey

PR Elite
I really thought Dungey would have a hard time breaking the top 10, not that he's not fast enough, but I didn't think he would have the intensity after 6 years off. Even though he was a ways back, I don't think that shithole Pala track is a true indicator. Remember 15 when Tomac absolutely smoked him at the first two rounds? Who ended up winning that title lol! At this point, the only guy I see beating Dungey for the title is Tomac, if his knee isn't too bad.
If you seriously think dungey is going to win the title, you're living in the past. 30 sec down from the leaders. Anderson had much faster lap times. Craig had faster lap times and he just proved easily how consistent he is. My bet is he will be 5th in the championship

John250

PR Founding Father
I think you keep forgetting you have to be there every moto to win the championship. None of the pretenders have ever proven they can do that like the Diesel.

And how was Dungey boring? He's hauling ass and passed Tomac! The guy is a professional machine. More pros should take some lessons from Dungey in every aspect of his life.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Neither one.

1) Dungey has won every major title in American motocross and supercross.
2) He won the world's largest international motocross race, the Motocross des Nations three times.
3) He has seven major AMA championships.
4) Dungey is tied for sixth place in all-time 450 Supercross race wins (33) and sixth place in all-time Supercross combined wins (44).
5) He holds the record for consecutive podium finishes in Supercross at 31.
6) In all-time 450 motocross overall wins, Dungey is second with 39 to Ricky Carmichael and ahead of Bob Hannah.
7) He is third place in all-time combined (250/450) motocross overall wins (46).
8) Finally, he is in fourth place in all-time combined Supercross and Motocross wins with 80 total race wins.

Ok.......Mr. Expert

John250

PR Founding Father
Sharc you proved my point. Anyone that says Dungey is boring or just rides around to win a championship obviously does not pay attention.

Dungey is just smart. He is not wading himself up if he is not feeling the track. Or if someone else is faster that day, so be it. And by doing this, he has stayed on the track and accomplished his goals.

Boring . He is just so damn good he makes it look easy.