ME Vet Regional Championships

Vet261

PR Addict
Great job guys, you really made it a great Regional! The track was very fun and was 100% Regional caliber.

You can tell pulling into the facility how much hard work you all have done to create a first class racing track. Thanks for all the work!

Now it's time for the RV hookups! :cool:

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Great job guys, you really made it a great Regional! The track was very fun and was 100% Regional caliber.

You can tell pulling into the facility how much hard work you all have done to create a first class racing track. Thanks for all the work!

Now it's time for the RV hookups! :cool:
I wish, but as discussed it’s coming at some point, the next phase is campgrounds

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
Track was super sick all weekend per usual and brutal and rough but never once was unsafe. Saturday morning was probably one of the muddiest braircliffs I have ever rode but it got rough and stayed nice and not dusty pretty much all day. Track was a perfect regional track with it being rough but safe and really enjoyed it even though my results struggled. Best part was I was done Saturday at 6 and could of been home by 8-9 but decided to stay and left this morning. Still home by 11:30. Always love BC and for obvious reasons.

Vet261

PR Addict
Also note to guys out there:

Don't SIT on a thinly padded mountain bike seat while riding under the power lines! You will get an interesting.....sensation to say the least.

archer_electric_torture_2_3438.png

Let's just say the rest of the weekend I ripped under those lines standing up on my bicycle probably double the speed I ever got my 450 to on the track.

Meister

PR Founding Father
Thoughts on those who show up to race a regional, after punching a ticket at a previous regional? Definite flaw in the process if you ask me.

Meister

PR Founding Father
Also note to guys out there:

Don't SIT on a thinly padded mountain bike seat while riding under the power lines! You will get an interesting.....sensation to say the least.

archer_electric_torture_2_3438.png

Let's just say the rest of the weekend I ripped under those lines standing up on my bicycle probably double the speed I ever got my 450 to on the track.
You send the wifey through there in the same manner to see what happens? Lol

Vet261

PR Addict
Meister I actually tried to get her to do it but she was suspicious of why I wanted her to ride the MTB so bad.

She was getting jolts in her ankle because of the metal plate in there, which ironically was put in there because of her crashing at BC long long ago on the C track.

John250

PR Founding Father
Been zapped many times at BC. Those lines suck.

I am not a fan of people racing outside their region for qualifiers or regionals. It's all about the money. But let's just say you have to race the region you live in and be done with it.

Makes zero sense to me for someone to go race a regional that is already qualified.

Vet261

PR Addict
Makes zero sense to me for someone to go race a regional that is already qualified.
The issue is contingency money. The fast guys can go collect $$. I don't blame them, their point is hey then beat me.

The solution is for the manufacturers to only allow contingency payments for one regional per racer.

Meister

PR Founding Father
The issue is contingency money. The fast guys can go collect $$. I don't blame them, their point is hey then beat me.

The solution is for the manufacturers to only allow contingency payments for one regional per racer.
The real solution is for mxsports to correct the issue. Once youve gotten a qualified, you're no longer eligible to participate in that class at a different regional. I don't care about the "home region stuff".

But, they won't. They would perm some of the fast guys short hairs if they asked lol..

Meister

PR Founding Father
In all honesty, I hope broc wins again. Then, they can make much needed refinements to these classes and they won't have the excuse of letting the previous champ defend the title again..

MX955

PitRacer Pro
We showed up Friday evening to race, more for the fun factor and to race against a big gate of FAST 50+ riders! Wasn’t really expecting much coming into this race especially being injured from the Pavilion MX race a few weeks ago but still had a blast with family and friends. Saturday morning practice the track was a little wet in spots and I took a digger 2nd lap!!! I was like, oh boy here we go this is how my weekend is going to go. 1st moto track worked in nice and had some fun but 2nd moto that track grew teeth IMO! Got rough for me and my setup was way off. Going to the gate for the 2nd moto they told us we were going to be racing out 3rd moto later today, at 1st I had mixed feelings about this and wasn’t sure how it was going to be. JO and his crew did a little track prep and it was great, not as rough as 2nd motos and not as smooth as 1st motos… great job and was happy to have all 3 of my motos done in 1 day!

Time to go jet skiing for the Summer

MX955

PitRacer Pro
Meister hucking the big Godzilla triple and then Crute not jumping…haha

Attachments

• 7D4CC9A7-7473-411D-BDA0-870FD2566D57.jpeg
    7D4CC9A7-7473-411D-BDA0-870FD2566D57.jpeg
    234.4 KB · Views: 124
  • 37323311-CCCB-4932-A7B9-C2AF91804666.jpeg
    37323311-CCCB-4932-A7B9-C2AF91804666.jpeg
    264.2 KB · Views: 118