Battle live timing link??

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
So now it's ok to break rules based on conditioning. Well hell if that's the case sign me up for 65 7-9. 65 7-9 C. No matter if I ever went to lorettas in 65s. Nothin to see here. In fact I'll take a vote on the line moto 1. Battle round 3. If nobody cares on race day after signing up...I'll continue to race it.

Do true c riders ever feel good at any point in the lap scheduled race ? Common sense says no. But here I go with this back to the future mentality again. It's not 1985 anymore. Takes way more than 6.8 gigawatts to light a fire under a sandbaggers ass these days apparently.
Fauser would still take you... lol

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Who was the ama guy there? Why can't this crap get policed?
Now that is funny. You actually expect the AMA to have someone there? HAHAHA Then if they are there they would be leaning on a golf cart as far away from the 50 parents as possible.
If one was there, and was not afraid of the crazy 50 parents and really did care enough to try to enforce the rules. It would be damn near impossible to prove who should be in what class since the rules are written so darn complex that you have to have a team of researcher and an abacus to get it right.

THAT is why it should be right from you darn AMA card. If you have 3 or more years, then you are NOT eligible for the C class... from then on.... ever... no matter who you are or who you ask.
EVER

Then, I would love the C class because you would know, they are all new to the sport and are making it grow.

But this is a pipe dream. The AMA is only in the business of selling memberships. The promoters are only in the business of putting as much $ in their pockets as possible. Neither want to do ANYTHING that could possible effect the bottom line TODAY.

Boner63

PR Member
Now that is funny. You actually expect the AMA to have someone there? HAHAHA Then if they are there they would be leaning on a golf cart as far away from the 50 parents as possible.
If one was there, and was not afraid of the crazy 50 parents and really did care enough to try to enforce the rules. It would be damn near impossible to prove who should be in what class since the rules are written so darn complex that you have to have a team of researcher and an abacus to get it right.

THAT is why it should be right from you darn AMA card. If you have 3 or more years, then you are NOT eligible for the C class... from then on.... ever... no matter who you are or who you ask.
EVER

Then, I would love the C class because you would know, they are all new to the sport and are making it grow.

But this is a pipe dream. The AMA is only in the business of selling memberships. The promoters are only in the business of putting as much $ in their pockets as possible. Neither want to do ANYTHING that could possible effect the bottom line TODAY.
But Johns boy can't race "c" no more either lol

Attachments

• IMG_3694.PNG
    IMG_3694.PNG
    436.4 KB · Views: 160

KX514

PR Member
I'm 30, and have been racing for 12 years. I would honestly be embarrassed to sign up in a C class anymore, even if my speed dictates it. I'm no longer a beginner. I don't belong with "A" guys, but I don't belong with true "C" guys either that are trying to get their feet wet. If there was only a class for guys like me. Something in between the A and C guys. Maybe like a B class or something!! That would be awesome!! Wait a second...

As for Vet classes, I used to be a big supporter of the Vet C class, but I'm changing my mind. I remember back to the mid to late 2000's at OIR, it was just straight vet classes. No skill levels. It really did work out well. Sure there were guys at the back getting lapped toward the end of the moto, but vets are typically smart riders. You don't get as much cross jumping and flying out of ruts in the vet classes. It seemed to be just fine, in my opinion. So I think I lean toward that now after seeing the Vet C experiment.

John250

PR Founding Father
Seriously Boner, your bringing my kid into this? I've said a 100 times on this forum, that my 13year old son Matthew Caupp is NOT a C rider (my opinion). He should be racing Mini Sr and Super Mini, but at 6'2, 175....yeah that's not happening. BUT......as the stupid system is, with his skill level and age, he is NOT ready for B class, in TODAYS class structure. The C class is kids as experienced as him, and they have 2 to maybe 5 years more than him in age. If the AMA would fix the C class, like Chris said, more than a 3 on AMA card, he would be in B with all these other guys.

As for you comparing Matthew to you. You raced as a kid, you went to Ponca City and raced. You won 6 motos in the battle series in VET C class 3 years ago. You qualified for Loretta Lynns in 30+, not an easy feat. You are NOT a novice Vet rider, you know that. Your an intermediate rider. You like me, work and are in shitty condition and after 2 laps we are sucking wind. That does not mean we have Novice skills.

My son went from Mini Jr. at 12 years old and went to a 125. He is racing a 125 against 250Fs because he legally can not even race a 250F yet because he is 13 years old. Huge difference in the conversation we are having. He ended up 19th in the 250C moto, and rode damn well to get 19th passing a ton of riders. If my son had gone through mini Sr. and Super mini we probably would have skipped C class. But even some of the kids riding those two classes race C once they get on a big bike. Another rule that the AMA should change for moving in the C class.

Your argument bringing Matthew into this does not hold water.

Boner63

PR Member
There's NO need for 125c, 12-16c, 250c limited, 250c and 450c! (5) "c" classes but nooooo Vet Amateur??? Tracks and Promoters just want that money. And "c" classes fill gates. Off track but I don't think anyone on THIS thread can beat the top 5 or even 10 in "c class" at LL this year lol

DelBalso28

PR Addict
There's NO need for 125c, 12-16c, 250c limited, 250c and 450c! (5) "c" classes but nooooo Vet Amateur??? Tracks and Promoters just want that money. And "c" classes fill gates. Off track but I don't think anyone on THIS thread can beat the top 5 or even 10 in "c class" at LL this year lol

C'mon man, kids in C class is a way different jungle of a topic than Vet c.
You're literally an AMA classified B rider, whose gone to the ranch in the vet C class. There's no loophole for you here. That's 2 rule breaks at the Battle, which is an AMA event. Shouldn't even need to be protested to get the boot out of the class.
This is cut and dry, no argument needed. Move up so I can have a fuller gate when I turn 30 in December lol.

Boner63

PR Member
I'll continue to do what I want. Problem with it? Then I'm not hard to find. A lot of internet hard a***s! YES I'll race whatever class I want whenever I want too. I don't train or race often now a days so I'll race the class that I'll have FUN in and not riding around in the back alone. This sport is for fun right? Oooooo I forgot you guys are all factory or getting paid to do this! Lol

mikeschaefer

PR Member
C'mon man, kids in C class is a way different jungle of a topic than Vet c.
You're literally an AMA classified B rider, whose gone to the ranch in the vet C class. There's no loophole for you here. That's 2 rule breaks at the Battle, which is an AMA event. Shouldn't even need to be protested to get the boot out of the class.
This is cut and dry, no argument needed. Move up so I can have a fuller gate when I turn 30 in December lol.

Technically, Tommy went to LL as an alternate! So in his eyes he didn't qualify to qualify! So taking some time off qualifies him to step back to a lesser class BY his standards.
If that makes him feel better, enter away.
Obviously NO ONE has the stones to say anything about it at the time of the race.

Boner63

PR Member
Seriously Boner, your bringing my kid into this? I've said a 100 times on this forum, that my 13year old son Matthew Caupp is NOT a C rider (my opinion). He should be racing Mini Sr and Super Mini, but at 6'2, 175....yeah that's not happening. BUT......as the stupid system is, with his skill level and age, he is NOT ready for B class, in TODAYS class structure. The C class is kids as experienced as him, and they have 2 to maybe 5 years more than him in age. If the AMA would fix the C class, like Chris said, more than a 3 on AMA card, he would be in B with all these other guys.

As for you comparing Matthew to you. You raced as a kid, you went to Ponca City and raced. You won 6 motos in the battle series in VET C class 3 years ago. You qualified for Loretta Lynns in 30+, not an easy feat. You are NOT a novice Vet rider, you know that. Your an intermediate rider. You like me, work and are in shitty condition and after 2 laps we are sucking wind. That does not mean we have Novice skills.

My son went from Mini Jr. at 12 years old and went to a 125. He is racing a 125 against 250Fs because he legally can not even race a 250F yet because he is 13 years old. Huge difference in the conversation we are having. He ended up 19th in the 250C moto, and rode damn well to get 19th passing a ton of riders. If my son had gone through mini Sr. and Super mini we probably would have skipped C class. But even some of the kids riding those two classes race C once they get on a big bike. Another rule that the AMA should change for moving in the C class.

Your argument bringing Matthew into this does not hold water.
:)

Boner63

PR Member
Technically, Tommy went to LL as an alternate! So in his eyes he didn't qualify to qualify! So taking some time off qualifies him to step back to a lesser class BY his standards.
Obviously NO ONE has the stones to say anything about it at the time of the race.
Yep! Couldn't of said it better. And your one hell of a Vet Rider, always respected you. Keep giving it hell Mike.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father

I just hope someone shits on HIS trailer.

Boner63

PR Member
After i get done bartending Saturday night, I'll come race somewhere with no sleep haha. Where will you bad a***s be this weekend ;)

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Oh yeah. Remember the districts that we all hated... yeah, they had a list of advanced riders that could quickly be reviewed and something could be done about moving riders up. No. we don't need them. The wonderful promoters can figure it all out.
I know what we need. Another "organization" scheduling motocross races in this state. Then THEY can clam they are doing it better than everyone else.

I have an announcement.
I, Christopher W Knox am officially throwing my hat in the ring to run for the office of Grandpoobah of all things Moto in the state. I will enforce the rules. I will keep the points and advance riders as I see fit. AMA, OMA, CRA, NMA, Buckeye, Great lakes vintage, Outlaw, Indoor and all other area acronyms. I will watch them all.
Cut classes, more seat time, schedule a practice over a race and the owner get a "slight correction". Even better quality coney sauce on all track dogs.
I will make moto great again.

Action number one. Build a wall around Pickerington. Once we control those idiots then we can make changes to help.

mshafer62

PR Addict
Moving on...

I'm looking forward to hearing from the track.
I seem to remember Jeremy F does follow-up comments after these bigger races.

Also, has anyone heard anything about the condition of the mini rider that got landed on?

Last edited: