Battle race .... lets poke the bear.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
The real problem is if the battle race had the buckeye series named on it more people from the buckeye series would show up. If it paid points to race the battles for the buckeye series people would go. There’s a few of us that race both and ride the tracks we want but many people in the buckeye series just want to race those series races for points. I told so many people to come to briarcliff and they all went to eastfork to practice. Just because it doesn’t pay points for the buckeye series. It doesn’t make sense to me why people do this and then turn around this weekend and drive just as far or farther to race grears just for points. The only way to get them up for the battles is to through buckeye series points on it and everyone will show up. Once again why people will drive all over for points but not to a great track that’s racing on a weekend no one else is blows my mind.

John250

PR Founding Father
Matthew is 100% correct. The Battle Series is a series within the OMA, PAMX and Buckeye Series. I will go back to my original suggestion back in this thread.
1. 4 races. None of those 4 tracks race or practice on battle race weekends.
2. Battle series pays battle only points for the overall battle series and state championship
3. Battle Series races pay double points for your home series that you belong to. Whether that be OMA, BS or PAMX, if you have any of those cards, or like us multiple, you get double points in your series and the battle races count towards over all series points in all those series. This would pack the gates.

This series was awesome the first few years. It still can be, and with some tweaking can be back to where it was a few short years ago.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Matthew is 100% correct. The Battle Series is a series within the OMA, PAMX and Buckeye Series. I will go back to my original suggestion back in this thread.
1. 4 races. None of those 4 tracks race or practice on battle race weekends.
2. Battle series pays battle only points for the overall battle series and state championship
3. Battle Series races pay double points for your home series that you belong to. Whether that be OMA, BS or PAMX, if you have any of those cards, or like us multiple, you get double points in your series and the battle races count towards over all series points in all those series. This would pack the gates.

This series was awesome the first few years. It still can be, and with some tweaking can be back to where it was a few short years ago.
I like the points idea, i do not think trackside is flexible enough to do it though.

jj584

PR Addict
With Malvern, Grears, Western reserve and Pymatuning all running this weekend who’s getting the majority? My money is on Grears,

John250

PR Founding Father
I like the points idea, i do not think trackside is flexible enough to do it though.
Connie to the rescue. someone mentioned that she made a dummy race in the system. Could that not be done for each of the three series and the Buckeye Series for example have a race called Battle 1, battle 2 and battle 3 so that the three races outside of the Buckeye Series show up?

I can remember WAY back in the day, District 11 would have double points races.

hershey

PR Elite
What can't it do? You could duplicate the race so it would register 2 races but that would be confusing. Can't you chamge the points scheme in the program for one event? If not, the hard way ... I imagine the program allows you to over ride each riders points for an event manually.

If you're talking points going to each organization, simply send the results to each promoter and they can enter it into their system as required for each rider.

hershey

PR Elite
With Malvern, Grears, Western reserve and Pymatuning all running this weekend who’s getting the majority? My money is on Grears,
What kind of numbers does Grears get? Haven't seen a race number for there. Do they have a better watering system yet? Went 2 times last year and couldn't see my hand in front of my face so haven't been back.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
What kind of numbers does Grears get? Haven't seen a race number for there. Do they have a better watering system yet? Went 2 times last year and couldn't see my hand in front of my face so haven't been back.

Has a big watertruck and 2 ponds. Not sure what we are waiting on.

This is his first buckeye series race.

jj584

PR Addict
No idea, my guess is based off of recent Buckeye series numbers being up and OMA events being down. Regionals is going to pull a few away as well. Grears has a nice layout it just gets dry so quick and they did not have the ability to rip it deep last year. We have yet to go this year, I'm not driving 1.5 hours past Beans to ride Grears. We are supposed to race Malvern this weekend.

jj584

PR Addict
As a family who picks and chooses races and practice days your not getting us to commit to a series small or large by offering double points. Offer some nice prizes for the championship and you will spark the kids to pester the parents to go. Nice prizes are not defined by tire spoons, coozies, sweatshirts and the cheapest pair of 100% goggles. There is no fun in riding a series that contains some tracks you don't like while one you do like is offering open practice at the same time. The chance at some cash, dealer bucks or even a pit bike will.

MX_Implements

PR Addict
I think it will get 3-400. Unless it pours rain there it will be dusty as hell. Went this past sunday and they had maybe 100 riders, 3/4 of the track was getting super dusty while the other 1/4 was muddy as hell for a large portion of the day.
He doesn't rip it deep enough. I am pretty sure he's only using the power harrow for track prep and the way he has it set up it's only 8-10" deep.

jrminiquad

PR Addict
Malvern is Saturday night and WRMC is Sunday. Some just drive their camper to WRMC after the Malvern races finish (free camping). As for Grear's, probably whatever is closest for people. They'll have to decide.

And Pymatuning, I guess it depends on what kind of racing you want.

hershey

PR Elite
We don't do night races but I know last year Malvern night races were pulling over 400 each time. So it will be interesting to see who gets the nod if Weasel is guessing 3-400 at Grears

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
What can't it do? You could duplicate the race so it would register 2 races but that would be confusing. Can't you chamge the points scheme in the program for one event? If not, the hard way ... I imagine the program allows you to over ride each riders points for an event manually.

If you're talking points going to each organization, simply send the results to each promoter and they can enter it into their system as required for each rider.
Sound awesome and simple. Yeah Dave run all that wire, pull it back out and run it again.....ummmm ok

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I think it will get 3-400. Unless it pours rain there it will be dusty as hell. Went this past sunday and they had maybe 100 riders, 3/4 of the track was getting super dusty while the other 1/4 was muddy as hell for a large portion of the day.
He doesn't rip it deep enough. I am pretty sure he's only using the power harrow for track prep and the way he has it set up it's only 8-10" deep.
Power harrowing is why it’s dusty

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
As a family who picks and chooses races and practice days your not getting us to commit to a series small or large by offering double points. Offer some nice prizes for the championship and you will spark the kids to pester the parents to go. Nice prizes are not defined by tire spoons, coozies, sweatshirts and the cheapest pair of 100% goggles. There is no fun in riding a series that contains some tracks you don't like while one you do like is offering open practice at the same time. The chance at some cash, dealer bucks or even a pit bike will.
We give away both sides of the 50/50 at our banquet, it’s been roughly $1500 each. How much do you have a chance at winning at our competitors banquet?? I rest my case, good post though.